Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been off the bike for a few days due to weather & what do you know, some ****wit cager hit it while parked. The front fender is toast, & it looks like it must've hit something on the ground as well, 'cause the hugger is cracked as well. Grrrr.... :mad:

I've seen some carbon fiber huggers for '05-up Speed Triples around. Does anybody know if those will fit SSSA pre-'05 Sprints?

Thanks,
-Kit

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just asked that question the other day @ my dealer... and ordered the factory '04 hugger.

They changed enough between the swingarm, sprocket, brake and wheel to make it no joy :(

Shame too, there are a bunch of cool 05 up parts out there.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well, thanks for the answer.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave. I've never believed in lucky rabbit's feet; they don't seem to do much for the rabbits! :eek:

On another note, maybe someone can suggest a source for a new carbon fiber hugger? Or maybe the regular ABS one is less likely to crack in similar circumstances?

Thanks,
-Kit

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Sorry to hear Kit, what a bummer!! You could try one of those lucky JuJu Nigerian pumpkin helmets. Maybe that would help!! :D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Thanks, Steven, but the last thing I need is mad bakers trying to make pie out of my headgear! (And with my luck...)

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Triumph factory hugger may not be the most cutting edge in the styling department but it will be one of the most durable models you can get... P/N A9748002 for our SSSA bikes.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frider- Can't fix it, as it's carbon & some parts have broken off.

Gearhead- Thanks. It's between that & the Skidmarx carbon.

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts