Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
does any one know where is the best place to get braided water and oil hoses for a speed triple?:)
I have never seen braided hoses but I have seen coloured ones Blue Green Yellow or Red Silicone ones on Ebay and they sound interesting,and ment to have high temp resistance. Has anybody got these fitted to their speedie ?? and pic's. Can't decide between Blue to match the rear spring or Red to mimic viens or Yellow to match the front forks or Green to match the envy of those without a S3 .

·
Registered
409 Posts
or Black with those with some taste!
( only joking, you choose which colour you like)

My point is that I read a post recently that talked about aluminium lined sleeves that help distribute / reduce the heat the bike makes, I would be interested in doing this is there was some necessity or indeed benefit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
or Black with those with some taste!
( only joking, you choose which colour you like)

My point is that I read a post recently that talked about aluminium lined sleeves that help distribute / reduce the heat the bike makes, I would be interested in doing this is there was some necessity or indeed benefit.
I doubt that braided hoses would make any difference to the engines temp or increase any ability to radiate heat as the thermostat will still regualte to a temp. And I've not seen or heard of anyone in the UK fitting braided hoses for coolant.
Harris Performance sale Samco Silicone hoses for Triupmph though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
+1 These are probably just bling, although I did check out the Samco Silicone hoses and £83 for a set to replace my discoloured ones I think will be on my wish list....

If you do wish to bling and have +$400 then http://www.streetfightersinc.com

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
+1 These are probably just bling, although I did check out the Samco Silicone hoses and £83 for a set to replace my discoloured ones I think will be on my wish list....

If you do wish to bling and have +$400 then http://www.streetfightersinc.com
Looks like those hose are still rubber underneath, loks like they use normal jubilee clips, and would still need to use the extising connections on the engine/radiator etc.
Demontweeks(www.demon-tweeks.co.uk) sale a stainless steel overbraid for hoses, looks a lot cheaper as well, if you were really bothered with that sort of thing, but looks like pure bling to me. I'm sure something similar must be available stateside.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here is a trick I did. I went to my local electronic store and bought some heat shrink and put over hoses. works well. They had them in green, clear, red, blue and yellow, oh and black. Cost was about $15.00.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I have never seen braided hoses but I have seen coloured ones Blue Green Yellow or Red Silicone ones on Ebay and they sound interesting,and ment to have high temp resistance. Has anybody got these fitted to their speedie ?? and pic's. Can't decide between Blue to match the rear spring or Red to mimic viens or Yellow to match the front forks or Green to match the envy of those without a S3 .
I have the black silicone ones fitted on my bike. AWHILE back a handful of us were a the first customers of SAMCO for the 1050. One of us sent in our hoses as templates and they fired off their first batch of hoses for a 1050 S3. 1.5 years later and they still look great, shiney and in perfect condition. No discoloration like the stock crappers and we ride in 100 degree F and higher desert heat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replys ,im hoping to have it done next week,will post a pic when its finished,
i dont think it will do anything for engine temp.
just for the looks.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is what she looks like at the moment,im waiting on 4 fittings total cost so far 90 euro,
its the same job as that link on one of the previous replys,
wild hair acceries ,i think,:)

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry but that's so getto. :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
not as ghetto as that tatoo:D
im just messin with you shank,thanks for the reply dude:D

That looks like a tattoo on a "saddle" ,certainly would'nt find a saddle in a ghetto, then I doubt you would find a Triumph in a gheto niether.Thinking about it a saddle belongs on a horse (a low spead farming implemant)and you wont find that in a ghetto niether.

·
Registered
214 Posts
this is what she looks like at the moment,im waiting on 4 fittings total cost so far 90 euro,
its the same job as that link on one of the previous replys,
wild hair acceries ,i think,:)
I like the look cant wait to see finished product. Let me know where you got them. So I am not gheto.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts