Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am wanting to fit a USB socket to my 2015 Speed Triple but I am unsure of where to get power so it turns off with the ignition switch.
Any suggestions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have mine connected straight to the battery and fused down correctly. You shouldn't have any issues with battery drain as there is no current draw unless you have something plugged in.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not sure about Speed Triple but the Street Triple has a source for heated grips in the main block. If you don't have heated grips that might be an easy solution for you. You may have to buy a portion of the heated grip wiring harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of fitting a camera, so this will drain the battery. I have two spare fuse ports under the seat but there is nothing in them. Anyone know if there is a wire I can join into so power is removed when bike switched off?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi, I am wanting to fit a USB socket to my 2015 Speed Triple but I am unsure of where to get power so it turns off with the ignition switch.
Any suggestions.
You could run off the battery with a and trip it with the license plate light. That's what I've more or less done on my Street Triple.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could run off the battery with a and trip it with the license plate light. That's what I've more or less done on my Street Triple.
Sounds good, have to check under seat , not much room, to see where it could be fitter

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds good, have to check under seat , not much room, to see where it could be fitter
I don't know how much room there is under the Speed Triple's seat(s), but there was enough room under both of my Street Triples for the relay. I ran a cable from there up to the handlebars, but there was enough room under the pillion seat for a USB connector.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts