Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1999 955 speed triple and was wondering if it is possible to fit a later rear exhaust section with twin cans to my bike, I know most things can be done with cutting and welding but I wondered if it was easy enough to just bolt on, if not what year would be the closest fit,be already tried the search function but don't seem to be getting any results

·
Registered
29 Posts
Clearance, mounting, and dimensional issues aside, the connection from the header pipe to linkage pipes on the 955i gen bikes is quite different from the 1050 models. The latter uses a 45mm(~3/4") pipe with clamped connection, while the former uses a 48mm (~7/8") header to link pipe which actually fits over a 45mm pipe and is held in place with springs.

Depending on the brand of exhaust and thus diameter of the link pipe it may be easier or harder to fit/make an adapter. It will likely be as easy as cutting off a section of the link pipe and then welding a 7/8" section on to adapt to the 955 header.

Currently I am trying to do this with a Chain Reaction Moto low mount exhaust for my 99, once I get the funds to do it.

Also, Trident exhausts in the UK makes undertail exhausts for the 99 Speed Triple, you may want to check them out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cash is tight so was thinking of a rear section off an early later model 2004 onwards with twin cans, ive got the cans sorted but need the twin outlet pipe, I would need to sell a body part to buy the trident underseat system very tempting though it is, SWMBO would be against it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts