Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure I read it here somewhere but can't find it now after a few searches. Someone mentioned fitting 1050 Speed Triple instruments to a Sprint with extra resistors added. Was I dreaming or can anybody tell me if this works and maybe how?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Nothing to see here, move along. Just reread a lot of the posts that helpful people led me too and found the one I was thinking of. It was posted by a guest in 2004 so has no relevance at all. But I am still curious, anyone know if the 1050 Speed dash would wire up to an 06 Sprint? I'm sure there are a lot of electrical geniuses out there so am expecting lots of comments :)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
It would probably be possible with the right wiring and conversions in place. I have seen some pretty incredible swaps but I have also seen the work involved and it is tremendous.

I really like the S3 dash but you would have to gut all the Sprint plastics for it to fit and it would just look hack and slash unless you have an idea to incorporate it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't speak for Doc59 but I find the Sprint speedo a bit difficult to read accurately especially with my old eyes. Give me a digital speedo any day. I had one on my Daytona and at the press of switch you could get it to read in MPH or KPH a good thing when touring "sur le Continent". To me that is one of the little niggles I have with the Sprint. I have got round it by fitting a bicycle type speedo.

I wouldn't contemplate switching to a different clock set up but there are some brave Chaps out there who wouldn't think twice about getting the cutters and soldering iron out !! Good luck to 'em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's related to another post of mine, I'm looking at a crashed Sprint with broken fairing, instruments, headlights etc. Thinking of turning it into a naked. I need to compare wiring diagrams to see the difference. Found a Speed manual online, now just have to find a Sprint manual or diagram.

edit - I did read the sticky at the top here and not meaning to go against that policy neither.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts