Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Triumph Fans,

I'm looking at adding a new exhaust to my Speed Triple 2016.

The guys at the garage tried hard to persuade me NOT to go with an SC Project system, as they're not covered by warranty AND they make the bike run lean unless a proper ECU remapping is completed - if this work isn't completed by them, then (you guessed it!) I'm not covered under warranty.

I'm totally new to this, and while my Bat senses are telling me he's partly FOS, I'm not that bold that I would totally ignore him either.

I'm interested in adding something like http://www.sc-project.com/triumph_speed_triple_2016_photogallery_high_oval.htmand I would like to install them myself... cause I hate paying people to do work on my bike when I can do it myself!

Any thoughts or opinions you have would be much appreciated!

Cheers! :smile2:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hello Triumph Fans,

I'm looking at adding a new exhaust to my Speed Triple 2016.

The guys at the garage tried hard to persuade me NOT to go with an SC Project system, as they're not covered by warranty AND they make the bike run lean unless a proper ECU remapping is completed - if this work isn't completed by them, then (you guessed it!) I'm not covered under warranty.

I'm totally new to this, and while my Bat senses are telling me he's partly FOS, I'm not that bold that I would totally ignore him either.

I'm interested in adding something like http://www.sc-project.com/triumph_speed_triple_2016_photogallery_high_oval.htmand I would like to install them myself... cause I hate paying people to do work on my bike when I can do it myself!

Any thoughts or opinions you have would be much appreciated!

Cheers! :smile2:
I believe that SC-Project offers a fuel programmer along with their street legal slip on exhausts, although they state that it's not necessary...many of us have had the dealer remap our ecus with the appropriate Triumph Arrow tune.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Fitting those pipes would not be difficult, and do as Speed 3 Pilot suggests, ask the dealer to install the Arrow highmount tune, then you'll be good to go. If the Triumph dealer continues to give you grief about the Sc project system, find another dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firstly, thanks for your input - really appreciate it.

I'm assuming then that, besides a small loss in performance, that running the Arrow re-map without the new exhaust (so I can ride home from the garage) doesn't do any harm?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Firstly, thanks for your input - really appreciate it.

I'm assuming then that, besides a small loss in performance, that running the Arrow re-map without the new exhaust (so I can ride home from the garage) doesn't do any harm?
No harm at all and you're not going to notice any performance loss, however when you get the Arrow tune , you'll notice a performance gain :surprise:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fitting those pipes would not be difficult, and do as Speed 3 Pilot suggests, ask the dealer to install the Arrow highmount tune, then you'll be good to go. If the Triumph dealer continues to give you grief about the Sc project system, find another dealer.
+1 here , my dealer told me to always bring the bike to him for any issues. Oh and you're going to love the sound!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts

I run a M4 exhaust dyno tuned with a power commander module. Cannot take credit because the previous owner did it, but the set up is awesome and the weight reduction is insane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts