Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow members, i bought a speed triple 2011 last august which is really well conserved for her age , now during the summer season the bike was fine but in the middle of September the idling started to play funny( the rpm goes higher and lower ) , the bike revs nicely no surges plenty of poke , went to triumph dealer and they told me it might be the valves soo they done the valves which were spotless and when they tried to do the throlle sincronization somehow they couldnt sincronize it properly soo i am guessing that be something to do with vacum leak? or injectors? The bike have 32 k miles , the mods : Belly pan, Seat Cowl, Rg Crash Protections , Sc Project carbon ( thats the only mod for performance ) the others are just for the comfort/look.
I will post a small video to show the issue

If you guys could give me any tips would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
A little idle oscillation is normal to me. It's due to the O2 sensor feed back (closed loop).
You can use TuneECU to check the exact rpm variation.
A vacuum leak would produce a high idle.
Still you can proceed with the IACV voltage control. You can get the downloadable version. You'll need TuneECU as well.
I guess a too high freeplay in the stepper arm would produce an erratic idle but as nobody fiddled w/ your bike there's no reason why it would have changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used tuneecu and a OBD2 Bluetooth and to my amazement I found the throllebodies to be perfectly sync

·
Registered
889 Posts
@RuiBranco your speedy sounds "normal" and healthy to me. A little bit of idle hunt indicates working closed loop mode. The 1290RPM in TuneECU dashboard looks a bit high but I'd check the manual to see what idle spec is for your year speedy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts