Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Speed triple 1200rs aftermarket exhaust

111K views 255 replies 59 participants last post by  antonisv 
#1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know of any aftermarket exhaust available for the new 1200rs speed or any news of anyone going to offer one?
Cheers

#221 ·
Morning all, got my 2021 Triple 22-11-22, received and installed the Racefit Growler 2 days ago. All working and sounding awesome, like a Triple should, snarling and .... Growling :)

Question; I've installed Part-X, the servo is doing exactly what it should and the Racefit solution works 100%.
BUT, in order to clean up the rear I'm considering removing the OEM servo and bracket and installing the healtech ESE-T03 plug-in dummy electronic servo.
How many have actually done this and what's the best way to get the bracket out and what have you used to reinstall the rear bake reservoir?

#226 ·
So finally got around to swapping the Racefit servo mod for the HealTech module. Removed the valve and it's bracket, and used number plate adhesive to mount the ESE-T03 in a small alcove in the frame where the bracket was previously mounted so invisible from normal viewing angles and well protected for the elements.

#233 ·
Literally just got home so I’ll take a vid when I get the chance but Austin Racing GP2R. Sounds SO freaking good

View attachment 801956
How loud is it? I really like the look of the GP style exhausts and the weight savings from removing the OEM contraption behind the cat and the passenger pegs, but the reviews I've read about the Pro-Race and Racefit ones say they are real loud and I'm not interested in that. I really think the OEM sounds great when you get on it, but isn't too loud at idle and lower rpm's, which is what I want.

#237 · (Edited)
Item 7 from this Racefit link: Important Information & FAQs

7. WILL I NEED TO ADJUST THE FUELING (DYNO SET UP) AND WHAT SORT OF BHP GAINS CAN I EXPECT?
Making changes to your motorcycle exhaust will not suddenly cause it to not run, lose power or be damaged – your bike will run correctly as it is. Generally there are power gains due to our exhausts being less restrictive. There may be more power gains if the fitting is combined other aftermarket fuelling products, but it is not necessary and we do not recommend it.
Be aware that your motorcycle is a production item and is subject to manufacturing tolerances – therefore no two motorcycles are identical. The performance of your motorcycle is in effect a compromise to comply with various noise and emission laws in various countries.

Hence a good reason to go with Racefit :)

#238 ·
Item 7 from this Racefit link: Important Information & FAQs

7. WILL I NEED TO ADJUST THE FUELING (DYNO SET UP) AND WHAT SORT OF BHP GAINS CAN I EXPECT?
Making changes to your motorcycle exhaust will not suddenly cause it to not run, lose power or be damaged – your bike will run correctly as it is. Generally there are power gains due to our exhausts being less restrictive. There may be more power gains if the fitting is combined other aftermarket fuelling products, but it is not necessary and we do not recommend it.
Be aware that your motorcycle is a production item and is subject to manufacturing tolerances – therefore no two motorcycles are identical. The performance of your motorcycle is in effect a compromise to comply with various noise and emission laws in various countries.

Hence a good reason to go with Racefit :)

Does Racefit comply with noise emission laws...or is it off road only? ;)

#241 ·
Triumph actually says that their stock exhaust is about as perfect as it can get and any modifications will only decrease power. To me, the speed has enough power where even if I lose 5hp I’m not going to notice, and the sound and look of the shorty and box delete is well worth it. I am going to swap out the filter as well and get a tune, so I’ll post those results when I do it.

#243 ·
I think so too. Im not that interested in power gains per se, more on the sound. Even if there's a little loss of power the offset weight reduction might balance this out.

Having said that Austin Racing do claim an increase 5-7hp increase with a tune on their box delete systems. It looks to be mostly right at the top end anyway so proably not noticeable unless on the track.

#242 ·
It looks like Zard might have just launched the premier exhaust system for the 1200 Speed Triple. The twin mufflers look the same as their slipons but this is a complete system including headers so they are probably different. To get the best out of it they offer an ECU upgrade or what they call an 'Impulse Control Unit'.

#246 ·
@SavageSS After having spoken to Jon, the main guy and designer at Racefit, his comments were that their end cans are designed to work with the stock ECU mapping/settings and do offer a few PBH increase. I'm not interested in increasing the BHP TBH, its a road bike. 150+hp is way more than enough for any street bike.

My other concerns with ECU retuning is that manufacturers release firmware updates that often flash the whole ECU so working with stock maps just makes sense to me.

#251 ·
Below is a link of video recorded after installation of custom titanium headers. Sound is too much but I like it (I wish my neighbours too…)

Reactions: Levertoon
#253 ·
Hi! Thank you. I don’t have the final dyno yet, but I don’t expect significant changes. Last dyno results are 174,3 hp @ 11.400rpm and 11,9 kgm @ 9.000 rpm. I will post full dyno sheet as soon as I finish!