Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Does anyone know of any aftermarket exhaust available for the new 1200rs speed or any news of anyone going to offer one?
Cheers
Have just had a Racefit pipe fitted today. Looks fantastic , very loud as they sent me a plain baffle instead of the wrapped one so I'm waiting for the wrapping to arrive.
At low revs sounds a bit weird but when you open it up to 8000rpm and above it's like a formula 1 racing car!!!!
Hoping that the wrapping quiets the pipe down a bit though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've bought the Racefit Growler with the baffle which is about 1/3 of the weight of the original exhaust, looks like a proper pipe and my goodness the sound!!!!!!! I got a Triumph dealer to fit it and all good, no issues and very pleased overall. Went for this as nobody else has made anything yet and of all the pipe manufacturers I emailed only Yoshimura and Scorpion said they might develop a pipe for it in the future. Liked the sound of the original but looks wise nah!!!
Got a pipe that suits the character of the bike now.

·
Registered
2022 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS 2009 Buell XB12R 2020 Kawasaki KLX300R
16 Posts
I emailed several companies, and did get a late 2021 or early 2022 from SC Exhaust, and Austin, the others were all no reply as of today. The release of the RR should help aftermarket justify the r&d for this powerplant.

·
Registered
2022 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Sapphire Black
7 Posts
Thanks for the link to SC Project, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
Two of the three options look pretty similar to the stock can. If you're only in it for the sound then SC Proj. never disappoints, but I really hope someone comes out with an option that gives a full view of the rear tire/single sided swingarm. I love the "floating" look of that rear tire and the big 'ol honking cans just hide it. =(

Reactions: Levertoon

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree in that that the looks are not what I hoped for..

The sound I feel is better…a bit of the triple ‘whining’ sound seems to be back…and some lower tones at lower revs

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe the easiest thing for SC Project to do is make one that incorporates the valve, and come out with a full on noise maker "later". I donno. But agree- especially from them, that's a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yep, underwhelmed by these and choices available.
I don't like the looks of Race Fit either (looks like wieners if you get my drift :) )
And the SC Project exhaust apart from the twin SC set-up, doesn't look better than stock.

Seems they are just slip-ons, need something to remove the Flapper valve...

My 2017 SDR, had a flapper, the Akrapovic exhaust, removed this, and had a dongle that plugged into the harness so the computer didn't error about it.
Surely something like this can also be done on this bike.
The exhaust also had "not for road use" warning on it, but the sound was great and not a ridiculous look at me, look at me! loudness to it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys, I also have been searching quite a long time for a nice looking and sounding exhaust for my new Speedy. I do not like the Racefit is it is a bit too loud and I am not convinced by the looks either. (without the primary damper I do not like the free space under the bike). I do not like the "one bended pipe" look also. I am more of a fan of the lobster tail types with different small welds showing etc. As a sort of in between solution, I just took of the passenger foot pegs and the secondary damper. It shows the whoel back wheels now, I still have the valve in place and it does not look bad at all but sound amazing an not to crazy. Moreover, this saves around initial 5 kg and is for free!!. I just checked the SC Project exhaust, I do not like these either. I will be waiting for somebody that comes up with a nice primary exhaust damper only and allows me to remove the complete valve + servo assembly in one go as well. For now, just removing the secondary damper is fine and the looks are quite good all together. You should try if youre just like me, waiting for better solutions to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you upload a video of what the bike sounds like without the muffler?
I will see what I can do on short notice, but a static video will not do it proper justice I guess. In short, taking off the secondary muffler brings back the typical triple sounds, huffs, puffs and rumbles without ever being annoying or a too loud (look at me) level, as you still have the primary damper in place, which does most of the job anyways. Really, it looks properly good / cool this way and it is a 10 min job, one bolt and two clamps is all. And like I said, it is for free. That is also why I would rather have a proper aftermarket primary damper only, like the Arrows ones for the Street Triple 765. Now that I am driving with just the secondary damper off, I do not see the need covering up the back wheel again, losing the current sound and pay 900 euro or equivalent money for just a slip-on.

·
Registered
2022 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS 2009 Buell XB12R 2020 Kawasaki KLX300R
16 Posts
Well guys another option has popped up, just the tips. The Racefit is looking better and better to me... I like the look showing off the rear wheel, but want to drop the valve (and the mass under the bike).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well guys another option has popped up, just the tips. The Racefit is looking better and better to me... I like the look showing off the rear wheel, but want to drop the valve (and the mass under the bike).

i love the look of that. Wish they’d makeit a triple exhaust akin to an MV. Doesn’t sound that much different of course it’s difficult to really tell unless you’re in person. This and the racefit seem to be the best sofar

81 - 100 of 128 Posts