Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the electronic Ohlins suspension, I am wondering if the street harshness I had on my demo ride of the RS can be easily tuned out? Or, is it a more involved thing than a simple spring rate and dampner tweak?

TIA,
Sid

·
Registered
Speed Triple 1200 RS
80 Posts
With the electronic Ohlins suspension, I am wondering if the street harshness I had on my demo ride of the RS can be easily tuned out? Or, is it a more involved thing than a simple spring rate and dampner tweak?

TIA,
Sid
I have just about tuned out the harshness on my RS. NB Not Electronic.
I wound the spring preload of the forks right back, but only needed to make some minor adjustments to the damping.
I also increase the damping on the rear shock, and the bike is much better balanced.
I have been meaning to get out in the garage and make a note of the actual settings I arrived at. I'll post them when I get time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just about tuned out the harshness on my RS. NB Not Electronic.
I wound the spring preload of the forks right back, but only needed to make some minor adjustments to the damping.
I also increase the damping on the rear shock, and the bike is much better balanced.
I have been meaning to get out in the garage and make a note of the actual settings I arrived at. I'll post them when I get time.
Thanks! That would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where I ended up with mine (RS)
Rear Shock - OEM 6 thread lines showing NOW 3 lines showing, Compression +2 clicks from minimum, Rebound 18 out from full in

Front Forks- OEM 4 turns in from full out NOW 1 turn in from full out, Compression 18 out from full in , Rebound 18 out from full in.

It is a very taught ride even with relaxing the springs, and "softening" the damping. Very much a sport bike feel. When the RR was announced, the suspension "made sense" on the RS, all things considered.

...it is what it is. Love the bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts