Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,I got a 2005 SPEED TRIPLE 1050. The best naked bike ever made. She got a 16 500km and at 5000km I put a ARROW line on it.Recantly I finde out that when I do not ride a long time about 1 month , I was on holliday , when I start it some bige smoke from exhauste came out smelling like oil realy huge smoke and time it warm up everything stop to smoke and go to normal. When I ride I have some oil burn smell I did not have before. If somebody have a same problem I wuld like to know

Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
old smokey

I use my st every day but I get the same problem with my old car, i figured it was settled oil just burning off!

Would be interested to know if it was a problem!

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is water vapor. When bike sits like that and there are temperature changes then moisture collects in the pipe and has to boil out. Happens with cars too, look at them on cold mornings. Your pipe is bigger and angled up, so more water can collect.
I have dual arrows and sometimes on cold morning I see this happening too (and I ride every day). Oil smell - that is rich mixture burning during warm-up mixing with fog from pipe.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Yes, Bohdan is correct.

If you still are worried, keep an eye on the oil level for a while. If the level shows no sign of dropping, the bike is OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed Triple Smoke Problem

Thank You Boghdan , I Will Check Oil Level But I Am Preaty Shure That Oil Level Not Move

·
Registered
361 Posts
My bike does the Fog Machine game every morning for about 5 minutes.

It bothers me because if there is THAT much moisture burning off, then i wonder how much was sitting, past the valves, inside my engine and intake mani.

I mean, its only like 4 feet from the exhaust tip to the engine on my mivv gp

·
Registered
409 Posts
smokey joe

I thought he said 'smoke'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts