Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ! New to this forum, hoping someone can help me out??
looking to buy a new triumph Not sure if I should go with the speed or Street triple..... I do day trips and a couple of week end trips. They seem very close in looks besides the engine size is one more comfortable to ride..... Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
some people ride gsxr 750's for a 1000 miles in a day.

You need to go sit on the bike (and try and ride them) for yourself. People can't tell you what you will like.

What do you tour on now? The longer the trips the more I like a big bore motor.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have spent time on both. I own a 2007 Speed Triple, and have borrowed my son's Street until he balled it up.
Basically you need to sit on each one to see how they fit you.
The Street triple is slighly smaller and lighter, feels more flickable, and has slightly less grunt and power.
They both work great for long distance mile munching. The Street feels slightly more busy on the hwy, and that's because the engine turns more rpm for the same speed.
Street Triple has a gear indicator, and the Speed Triple has better suspension. Ridden side by side they will get the same gas mileage on a trip........down to the last drop.
The 675 engine has a higher red line, but less power and torque and loves to be revved. The 1050 has more power and torque, and loves to be revved........... LOL
Can't beat a 3 cylinder motor.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Same as what the other guys said. Plus, if most of your riding is commuting in traffic then the Street might be the better option. I don't commute on the Speedy and it generally only comes out on weekends when I want to have fun trying to kill myself.

When I took a Street for a test ride it felt so light (probably because I owned an 07 Sprint at the time). The Speedy is about 22Kg heavier and a bit more work in the twisties but I love it and am glad I bought it. I have plenty of touring planned in the next 12 months.

Take them both for a ride and if you still can't decide, get them both!

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm just itch'n to ride guess about 2-3 more weeks....... Hope i can sleep ////lol

Any good sites for some ad ons would like to find a visor to put on top of my fly screen like on the street trip ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts