Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speed four recently fell over and the mirror snapped off. The problem is it broke the bracket that it screws into. I have found universal mirror clamps

http://motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/mirror-clamp-10mm-black-for-handlebars-p-5512.html

which I could use the front part from and hopefully will fit the bike. However I have no idea of the diameter of the speed four handle bars to order the correct one. Any ideas?

Or if anyone knows where I can order the correct part from let me know...

Thanks guys......

·
Registered
88 Posts
go to your triumph dealer. My bike fell over and broke at the exact same spot. I thought it was a expensive item, but it turns out it is not much more then the price of that item you are showing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
btw. If you put on your mirrors again, Don't fix it too tightly. my bike fell this morning (i'm still not recovered from the shock :S)

but i didn't vastened the mirrors that tight and the mirror just flipped from the original position. No broken mirror, no broken mount nothing.

infact i had just one scratch on the bar end.... i'm still confused, i was expecting more damage. In fact the last time only thing broken was the blinker.... i'm still not sure if it's correct.... i feel that i'm missing something but hey, i'm happy it only scratched the barend :p

but rmember, don't vasten it too tightly, just tight enough for it to hold on the highway. Good rule of thumb is that you should be able to turn the mirror by hand, with a bit of force (not alot but not too less)

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
A 2007 Suzuki SV650 master cylinder mounting/mirror clamp is a direct fit to any 1997-2008 Triumph master cylinder and clutch perch. Triumph wants $23 for the part while Suzuki wants $13. The part number is: 59671-32F00

·
Registered
10 Posts
mirror /handlebar size

my speed four has the lsl handlebars raisers. if your bike has that then the handlebars are 7/8th and i ordered my new handlebars from the site your looking at so the site is ok.
my issue is tho is tht my mirros came off and also broke the bracket aswell. also i think the bracket is 15 pounds on each mirror to replace and another 50 pound for each mirror so in the same boat as you.
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts