Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find the clutch alignment jig,and holding tool.Looked at the Triumph web site,but couldn't locate the tool section.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You don't need the clutch alignment jig. I have been there.

Darcy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried the heavy duty clutch springs Dick.I was thinking that the jig stopped you from over tightning.How did you do it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
On 2006-11-30 13:34, POPPE wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the clutch alignment jig,and holding tool.Looked at the Triumph web site,but couldn't locate the tool section.
You don't need the alignment tool on a 2005 (it won't even work on your bike).

[ This message was edited by: jojje1963 on 2006-11-30 16:12 ]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Incidentally, Bike Bandit does have all the service tools you were asking about. Click on OEM parts, then Triumph, then Bonneville/T100, then service tools. They are all there on the schematic. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Bike Bandit is really good for getting OEM parts (such as tools and shims) that the regular dealers don't seem to want to provide to the DIY folks.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Does anyone know when Bonnie clutches didn't require a jig to align the clutch plates when reassembling or replacing?

Bob

·
Registered
566 Posts
On 2006-11-30 19:18, ohiorider wrote:
Does anyone know when Bonnie clutches didn't require a jig to align the clutch plates when reassembling or replacing?

Bob
After engine# 142537, I think sometime late 2002 or early 2003

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
On 2006-11-30 19:38, jojje1963 wrote:
After engine# 142537, I think sometime late 2002 or early 2003
Thanks Jojje - I'll ck this against my engine number. Hopefully I won't be changing clutch plates anytime soon, but it is good info to know, in the event I have to pull the clutch. I'm probably on the cusp, since mine is 'sort of' a Centennial edition, although it is titled as a 2003 model.

Bob

·
Registered
679 Posts
On 2006-11-30 16:07, POPPE wrote:
Have you tried the heavy duty clutch springs Dick.I was thinking that the jig stopped you from over tightning.How did you do it.
Yep new springs are in and no more slipping. It lifts the front wheel in 2nd with an 18th CSS. Next time I go for a track day I'm gonna put the 16 on.

I just tightened the spring retainers a liitle on each and used the actuator rod to check if it was square by sliding it in and out.
You need to see how it works it's alittle different to my 78 Tiger.

Darcy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dick I'll have to put in the springs,lifting the front tire sounds right up my ally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts