Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Haven't posted in awhile. Loving the Speedy. I've racked up about 3000 miles in-between snowstorms, and looks like the riding season is finally upon us in Washington State.

Anyway, wondering if anyone knows who I could get in touch with in the States regarding my bike, and which number (1-50) Special Edition my bike is. I'm piecing a little history together to put on the wall, and along with the mag articles and flyers, I'd like to have a certificate made up which says: "2007 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition #XX of 50"

Email might be best for me:
[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys,

Haven't posted in awhile. Loving the Speedy. I've racked up about 3000 miles in-between snowstorms, and looks like the riding season is finally upon us in Washington State.

Anyway, wondering if anyone knows who I could get in touch with in the States regarding my bike, and which number (1-50) Special Edition my bike is. I'm piecing a little history together to put on the wall, and along with the mag articles and flyers, I'd like to have a certificate made up which says: "2007 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition #XX of 50"

Email might be best for me:
[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Ian
I wasn't aware of a special edition 2007 model, that's awesome though! Any pics of your triple for us to enjoy?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pics found here

Pictures found here:

http://pnwriders.com/pictures/96880-2007-triumph-speed-triple.html

It's a 2007 Speed Triple with lots of carbon fiber, no passenger pegs, Rear Cowl, Arrow Full 3 into 1, and a little different tune than stock. Weighs about 415 wet. Dyno'd at 123.1 HP to the rear wheel, which probably means it is making about 145 at the crank. 14 more than stock, mostly due to the Arrow I suppose.

It is a BEAUTIFUL and fun machine. I haven't found a bike which is as aesthetically pleasing and as much fun. The Ducati Hypermotard and Streetfighter are neat, but with the Hyper being so odd-looking (and having a 90 mile range) and the Streetfighter costing almost 5K more....I think the Speedy is a killer!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I wasn't aware of a special edition 2007 model
The 2007 SE was not a Hinckley factory Special Edition, but a bundle of aftermarket catalog parts & bike by Triumph US.

You can make your own by ordering the Arrow 3-1 and the carbon pieces listed in Triumph aftermarket catalog.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2007 SE was not a Hinckley factory Special Edition, but a bundle of aftermarket catalog parts & bike by Triumph US.

You can make your own by ordering the Arrow 3-1 and the carbon pieces listed in Triumph aftermarket catalog.
Gotcha. I know that they just dressed it up and tuned her. I'll probably just make up my own number.

·
Registered
206 Posts
415 wet? I thought my 08 S3 weighed about 460 wet, ready to ride.
I have the Arrow slipons and thought it was mainly a weight reduction/sound thing, not a big hp increase. There is that mag test in 07 stating the lowboy added 13hp. Whoa!

Pictures found here:

http://pnwriders.com/pictures/96880-2007-triumph-speed-triple.html

It's a 2007 Speed Triple with lots of carbon fiber, no passenger pegs, Rear Cowl, Arrow Full 3 into 1, and a little different tune than stock. Weighs about 415 wet. Dyno'd at 123.1 HP to the rear wheel, which probably means it is making about 145 at the crank. 14 more than stock, mostly due to the Arrow I suppose.

It is a BEAUTIFUL and fun machine. I haven't found a bike which is as aesthetically pleasing and as much fun. The Ducati Hypermotard and Streetfighter are neat, but with the Hyper being so odd-looking (and having a 90 mile range) and the Streetfighter costing almost 5K more....I think the Speedy is a killer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts