Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW..... With my recent purchase of the 2001 Sprint ST came the dreaded GHIN Virus (gottaHaveItNow) for which there is no known anti-viral according to the CDC. However, I could justify the purchase of a spare key or two just in case the unthinkable happened, drunken stupor, early onset alzheimers etc.... I stopped by a few locksmiths in town and it seemed I was going to be stuck with the dreaded ugly metal ilco-x270 or the expensive Triumph OEM until my third stop. The smithie had a small supply by which I mean 3 of the italian made SILCA key #zd23rcp and let me have them for a deal 2.50$ a piece. Nice looking key, leave it to the Italians, and works better than the actual original the spare was cut from go figure.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi, as a locksmith by trade, the nicest key blank I've found for the Triumph is the Silca ZD22RBP, it got an oval shaped head and is actually intended for the Aprilias, but seeing as the locks are made by Zadi and they sell to loads of manufacturers it's not surprising many interchange.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
IIRC Volvo blanks work also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts