Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 T100. That year it came stock WITHOUT the span adjustable levers. I'm not sure when the adjustable ones became stock but I'm pretty sure the lever isn't all that differs. I'm pretty sure the lever housing is different as well. So, what I've concluded is that you can NOT simply install the NEW stock span adjustable levers onto an older model bonneville because the housing is different. Help me to confirm.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Newbonneville sells a span adjustable brake lever for $20. It does not specify a year, so you can figure it'd be as good for your '03 as it would be for my '07. As for the clutch, call the local dealer and ask. Also, if you look for a thread on "Other parts that fit our bikes", or something like that(it's a recent thread, on its way to stickyhood), there's a guy that researched clutch and brake levers from certain Kaws and Zooks that'll fit a Bonne. Could be an inexpensive and novel fix for you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just the brake lever.

Interesting that the clutch lever housing listed for the 03 is the same part number as the 08, although......the 08 pictured does not have the adjuster on the lever!

http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motorcycle-bonneville-t100-2003/o/m17602

If it were me....and I really wanted the clutch lever adjuster, I would research the housing/lever interface on a show room bike and order the housing if needed as well.

My guess is that the adjustable lever will fit the old housing though, as manufacturing a whole new housing cuts into Triumph's profit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the brake lever.

Interesting that the clutch lever housing listed for the 03 is the same part number as the 08, although......the 08 pictured does not have the adjuster on the lever!

http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motorcycle-bonneville-t100-2003/o/m17602

If it were me....and I really wanted the clutch lever adjuster, I would research the housing/lever interface on a show room bike and order the housing if needed as well.

My guess is that the adjustable lever will fit the old housing though, as manufacturing a whole new housing cuts into Triumph's profit.
I think they just use a generic picture that gets re-used for similiar parts and setups. However, reguardless of what year you select it shows the same parts list but with 2 different options for housing and levers. There is one for serial numbers higher than 210262 and ones for serial #'s that are lower than that. So the obvious assumption is one is for the standard lever setup and one is the adjustable lever setup. I'm guessing that maybe they made the switch in the middle of a year and therfore can't sperate it by year. I think I'd have the answer to my question if I could figure out what those serial numbers represent. Is it the last 6 digits of you bike's serial number? That's about the only thing I can come up with. If so, does your 03 have higher or lower numbers than the 210262?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Levers

They went to adjustable levers in 05. I got an 04 w/o them & I had the bike fall over a month back. Bent the hell outa the clutch lever like a pretzel! I was able to straiten it back fine w/ a piece of pipe & the box on a boxend wrench.The new adjustables WILL break!! Designed to! They are much $$ as well. I actually bent mine better than it was new. If ya NEED a new one- Id stay w/ the pre 05 ones! On all my bikes ever , I NEVER had to replace a lever- just got the pipe & straitened it out. I think if I were to replace mine- I would go for some of the composite ones\ for looks? Happy w/ what I got now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts