Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tyring to salvage my petcock (fuel tap) and need new filter screen for both the "on" and "reserve" fuel inlet tubes. I'd much prefer to buy a couple as opposed to trying to fit new screens. Does anyone know where such a part might be purchased?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Some of us have used a Kawasaki fuel valve (33mm bolt spacing if memory serves) with excellent results. I source a NOS Kawasaki vacuum operated fuel valve for a 1983 KZ550 and it works beautifully.:)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you are correct @ 33mm between mounting holes. Makes perfect sense. Petcocks w/ 34mm mounting plates are a dime a dozen. Maybe I'll buy one and see if I can get the el cheapo plastic screens off w/o ripping them apart. Proly not. :/

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having no luck finding screens that look like they could be modified to fit/function properly. I tried following BRG-BIRD's lead to one of the Kawasaki fuel valve w/ 33mm hole spacing on the mounting plate, but came up empty. :/

Could anyone provide a little more info please? Maybe what Kawasaki models use the petcock that would mate to a Triumph tank? Are the Kawasaki petcocks all vacuum operated? I wasn't really wanting a vacuum unit, but not opposed to one either at this point. A new OEM petcock is almost 120 bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Old thread but let's give it a try:

Road dog did you manage to find a suitable petcock screen somewhere? Or does someone else happen to have a solution for this problem? I have a Thunderbird 900 (1995) and I'm struggling with the fuel tanks liner that is peeling off. Last summer I had to build a fuel filter on the road:

Thanks in advance !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts