Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
30,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Page Claim!

The rest of the sound track may not stand out.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but is that so? Imagine the movie without that music in the background. Not nearly as good. I especially like the "desert chase" music from Raiders. Often times we don't "notice" the incidental music in the background of the movie - but we would certainly notice if it wan't there!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but is that so? Imagine the movie without that music in the background. Not nearly as good. I especially like the "desert chase" music from Raiders. Often times we don't "notice" the incidental music in the background of the movie - but we would certainly notice if it wan't there!
That's something I only noticed since the advent of DVD Special Features. If you watch a lot of the deleted scenes and blooper reels, many of them were consigned to the editing room floor before the incidental music was added. They seem weird, something definitely missing without the music!

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
Pretty much anything by Quentin Tarrantino. Heard a radio documentary about his soundtracks a few years back. Apparently he spends nearly as much time deciding on music as he does on scriptwriting...
Total agreement
The music for inglorious basterds was brilliant as well.

Steve Jablonski also kicks a fair amount of rump.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
120 Posts
Okay lots of great movies and sound tracks posted so far but ALL OF Y'ALL lose credibility now!! No star wars???? I don't care what your opinion is on the movies as a whole but nothing screams evil like the Imperial March!!!! When you hear that on the death star you better start looking busy!!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
It starts well but it gets a bit strange after that, too high pitched to be really ominous for me.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The sound track from 'Paris, Texas'

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Nino Rota, many Fellini films
Thomas Newman, American Beauty and others
Peter Gabriel, The Last Temptation of Christ
Bernard Herrmann, some Hitchcock films and others
Howard Shore, Ed Wood and others

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I have the Dazed and Confused and Detroit Rock City soundtracks. They're great if you like 70's butt rock and mediocre covers.

As I happen to like both, the soundtracks get a :doublethumb from me.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Mary Poppins

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Peter Gabriel, The Last Temptation of Christ
+1, a great Peter album

Stripes (really)
Ghostbusters

For movies with good tunes:

Blues Brothers
Animal House
American Grafiti

John Williams is great because he has music throughout, even tracks like Marion's Theme or Desert Chase are even recognizable, not just the theme.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts