Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I can't find the answer, at least specific to a 2011 1050 SE.

I am looking at the aforementioned Tiger but am concerned with ride height. I read about a Triumph Comfort Low Seat and it looks like those are still available to buy. (Dealer? Bike Bandit?)

1. Can the suspension be adjusted to effectively lower the bike?
2. Does the seat on the SE (looks like one piece) have a "low" mount position?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Don't think you'll get any better advice here than you got on the 1050 forum. Much more Tiger activity there for that model.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think I am good to go....for now! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lowering the Tiger 1050 is a simple do-at-home job. All you need is some lowering links. It helps to have a second set of hands to help but I did mine by myself. You also need to raise the front forks to maintain the geometry.

Later after a year or so I decided I liked the stock ride height and returned it to stock. As such, I have a set of 35 mm lowering links you are welcome to.

You may decide to have the side stand shortened a tad - I did. $15 job at local weld shop. Oh yeah, I have the shortened side stand too.

Pay for shipping and I'll send you the links and shortened sidestand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lowering the Tiger 1050 is a simple do-at-home job. All you need is some lowering links. It helps to have a second set of hands to help but I did mine by myself. You also need to raise the front forks to maintain the geometry.

Later after a year or so I decided I liked the stock ride height and returned it to stock. As such, I have a set of 35 mm lowering links you are welcome to.

You may decide to have the side stand shortened a tad - I did. $15 job at local weld shop. Oh yeah, I have the shortened side stand too.

Pay for shipping and I'll send you the links and shortened sidestand.
You still have those items?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts