Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of a 2007 Black Bonnie!!! Now if only my dealer would tell me the bike is in.

I have been dying to get this bike since the beginning of summer, though when I heard the news about the engine swap - I thought it best to wait.

Now after months of waiting - i have heard the bikes are at several shops. Yet, the dealership I am working with - the one I have a deposit with ... CRICKETS.

In any case, I wanted to say "Hello!" and "Cheers!" Can't wait till my first day as a Bonnie owner. Besides this will be the first bike of my own.

Lance
:razz:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Good for you, the bonnie black is so cool!

I traded mine in on a scrambler but have great memories of my bonnie.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome, Lance! And Congrats on an excellent choice!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good man, excellent choice. We're still waiting for new models to arrive too. Anticipation will make her all that more appreciated. Yeah right! I hate having to exercise self control. Be safe in L.A. traffic. You have a ton of great area folks that post here that you should be able to join for rides or tech info.

Good Luck!
BobW

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Lance wrote:
Soon to be a proud parent...
Well, Lance, let us know when the happy day arrives. We'll want to know whether its a boy or girl, what it's name is, and of course what it weighs. 451 lbs?? Good golly!!! Wait a minute.... for a minute I was having a flashback - forget the weight. :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Congrats Lance.
who did you buy from?
If you want to go riding then PM me or Joe-RockHead.
were always looking for somebody to ride with.
We are both on the 790 B/Blacks.

Have fun on the new toy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is awesome - thanks for the encouragement!!! Like mentioned above... self control - not my best personality trait.

MES - I am working with South Bay... do you have any insight on dealers? I hear that several of the dealers already have the bike in stock... but mine is clueless.

I am so ready... I just want it now!
:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
And just think... no pampers, nuuks, strained peas, female post partem depression, booties, expectorants from multiple orifices...

Instead, you get to ride like the wind and spend huge amounts of money, voluntarily, on bits of chrome and HP improvement...

ENJOY! And recognize the difference...

:razz:

A

·
0 Posts
Still need to get some BC Predators on it and change out signals/tail light. Perhaps some super bars, but a good base to build from ... :cool:

[ This message was edited by: anodyne on 2006-11-16 22:09 ]

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
self control - not my best personality trait.
then it is probably good that you didn't get a 'tona or S3 :-D

I just asked about the dealer out of curiosity.
However, I was in there on Tuesday checking on front rubber. A sore subject with me right now and I will not elaborate until I talk with those involved.

I would not call Matt clueless by any stretch of the imagination. I would call him overworked.
In all fairness though, that shop's communication skills are very poor. They are understaffed and Keith (who was very knowledgeable and helpful) has left the shop.
South Bay Triumph, like most shops, has their fans and haters., Both sides have been fairly vocal in the past.
SBT=British Customs and they are a major player in the after market parts game.
SBT has been there for years and have stuck by Triumph through the lean years. With triumphs resurgence of popularity (IMO) they are experiencing some "service quality control" issues.

I can tell you this though,
As of Tuesday 3pm they had 4 B/blks in stock. 3 are sold. Are you one of those 3? I don't know.
(They thought they only had 3 in stock) Are you next on the list? I don't know that either.

There are +/- to every shop
L.A cycle sport has the lowest prices but no follow through. They don't stock parts for Triumph OEM or other. no $500 on kit, but discount on parts/gear. No haggling on the bike's price. Period

Brea has the stock and prices are good with a good service dept but they don't have any interest in (as told to me directly) after-market/performance parts due to liability issues. I don't know what their policy on kit or discounts is.

SBT, if you want to buy a $7k bike and put another $2500-$3500 into it before it is even delivered to make it snot fast, then Matt is your man. He does "give" you the $500 in kit though and a discount on parts.
Those are the big 3 in Los A. Pick your poison.

I have been dying to get this bike since the beginning of summer, though when I heard the news about the engine swap - I thought it best to wait.
Mehh. Those that have 790s swear by them. Those with 860s do the same.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lance,

So Cal Triumph in Brea, CA is fantastic. Being a first-time bike buyer, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Also, when I dropped my girl a few weeks ago (yes, I'm an idiot) they were more than helpful as they were only interested in putting me at ease and getting me back on the road.

Check this post:
http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=63482&forum=51

Anyway, hope you get your bike soon. And if you, MES, or Joe-Rockhead want to go for a ride sometime, just drop me a line!

:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again... I am only more encouraged by these posts - I am a firm believer in community. Triumph definately has that.

MES - I feel really bad now... I said I was working with South Bay, I am actually working with - LA Cyclespot. I went over to South Bay and spoke with Matt. Let me tell you, they have some really cool things they can do to a bike. Really... its amazing. VERY EASY to lose perspective and get carried away. Within 15 minutes, he had me hooked on at least 3 different mods weighing in at over $2k. Let's just say I am not ready to take that leap.

It is very good to know that LA Cyclespots - is like this with everyone... I feel like - if it weren't 40 miles away and past 2 local shops - that I would want to buy down in OC. I just don't know if I can justify it. Shoot - I have a hard time leaving the office at 7pm... how would I get down there!! :)

---------
Thinking to myself
---------

I am really glad there are no pampers, bottles, suckies, sleepless nights & crabby wife associated to this baby!!!! *sigh*

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
M ES I feel really bad now
(don't blame me)
Why? You should be walking on cloud 9.
Stop freaking and be happy. You'll get your bike.
Your just bit and by the sounds of it, bit bad. :razz:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You won't have any problem leaving the office if there is a Bonnie parked outside.just like having a child ,the bike will change your lifestyle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
On 2006-11-16 22:05, anodyne wrote:
Still need to get some BC Predators on it and change out signals/tail light. Perhaps some super bars, but a good base to build from ... :cool:
Looking nice! What luggage is that on the back? Looks like you're not using Triumph's pannier supports - does that work OK? I ask because I'll be touring with the Bonnie next summer and if I can get bags to sit OK without paying for the rather ugly supports then I'd prefer to.

A

·
0 Posts
On 2006-11-17 10:09, steviek wrote:
Looking nice! What luggage is that on the back? Looks like you're not using Triumph's pannier supports - does that work OK? I ask because I'll be touring with the Bonnie next summer and if I can get bags to sit OK without paying for the rather ugly supports then I'd prefer to.
----------------------------------------------------
It's the Cortech stuff:
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=146&cat=31

I have had it prior to the Bonneville acquisition (i.e. not purchased for the Bonnie). It attaches via 4 straps/fastex buckles ... probably not the best, but it didn't move around on me during a short trip up in the hills.

Also, you'll love the bike when you get it spybond .... don't want to hijack the thread you started :) Good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Spybond,

If you're not financially committed to the dealer that you mentioned, you may wish to at least flash a phone call to one of the others in the area. They may have you're bike sitting in their showroom right now! I've dealt with both Southern California and South Bay, and can vouch for their straightforwardness. Never had any experience with LA Cycle Sport other than walking through their sales area and being ignored. They seem to be mainly interested in moving motorcycles in large volume.

As for the rest of you LA Bonnie riders, I just got off the phone with MES and we're talking about an early Thanksgiving day ride, getting off the mountain by 2 or 3 pm so's not to interfere with family plans (or the infamous Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale Speedway). More here later, if we can resolve our tire issues by then. The Metzlers are nice and sticky but don't last very long. I'm thinking of starting a tire co-op.

JR

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
More here later, if we can resolve our tire issues by then.
Tire issues? HA HA, i got no tire issues
I'm freshly shod. even sprung for an EBC semi-floating rotor and pads.
So it look like we are waiting on YOU.
JRH needs rear rubber. Let all stop and point :pkit:

Jerry, SBT gotz none in stock. Looks like you got to order them from wherever. You better get on it if you want to ride on T-day
shops are cloosed on Monday and thursday is T-Day.

LA Cycle Sport other than walking through their sales area and being ignored.
just a quick comment on that.
They are really low key there. They tend to leave you alone for a while before they make contact. They also tend to be very busy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just wanted to share !!!

I got word tonight that the bike arrived in the shop today!!! :) Woohooo! Time to wheel and deal, bringing the baby home will be a proud moment.

Thanks for all the encouragement - the family here has made waiting that much easier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.