Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent this past week in San Diego with my wife and son in order to go to the USS Midway, the Zoo and of course Lego Land!!

But the real fun happened after the zoo one afternoon when we drove down to National City and visited Sonny Angel Motorcycles. He and his shop were recently featured in several mags. Pretty cool story, I'll leave the details up to the articles. But it was hip walking into what has now become a very rare thing....a real motorcycle shop. Real=meaning no cuties greeting you at the front door, no latte machine, no pristine walls and floors, no "apparel" section.

This place looked like it had been in business for 50 years, because it has!!!! Cool bikes all over the place and Sonny and his brother Don were the best. Talked to us for 30 minutes about people they knew in Dallas etc etc etc. and lots of motorcycle stories.

I highly recommend stopping in and visiting with these guys. They are "our" history makers. Go in and buy a motorcycle or just a t-shirt to show you care.

Sonny Angel Motorcycles

kjazz

[ This message was edited by: kwajazz on 2007-03-04 13:45 ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am visiting San Deigo on business later in March, I will check it out

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks like I will be stopping by this week. I love talking to the old school guys, they seem to have a hundred stories.

Kwajazz, I hope you and your family had a good time. The USS Midway is awesome.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2007-03-05 13:33, TJRCARRILLO wrote:
Looks like I will be stopping by this week. I love talking to the old school guys, they seem to have a hundred stories.

Kwajazz, I hope you and your family had a good time. The USS Midway is awesome.
Thanks, we definitely did! and no doubt the Midway was the coolest. My son and I made ourselves sick in the simulator while laughing and spinning!!!

The whole experience of touring a piece of history like that is absolutely mind boggling. Highly recommended to all who visit San Diego. The coolest section to me was the hanger deck. Just imagining a bunch of TBMs or TBFs, Corsairs etc. sitting around there as front line attack aircraft. man, those were the days.

kjazz

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks like a cool place,

I also like how they are taking donations to send sonny to isle of man,

on a different note, I like to start a donation drive to pay for my Laguna Seca tickets

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Sonny Angel is a legend. This guy could tell me what was wrong with my Guzzi, just by the sound. He is kind of like the Car Talk guys of motorcycles. His wife is cool, she makes some pretty cool shirts and hats that they sell in the shop. My favorite is the Vincent with the Chevy engine that he rode down to south america...the guy is insane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts