2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
COROJA,
I reckon you won.
So much for free speech.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
"...Some of you might have opinions about the current, past or expected performance or opinions of various individuals or groups.

You are perfectly entitled to hold such opinions and you are also entitled to discuss them down the pub with your mates.

You are not entitled to discuss them (or even hint at them) on this forum. Anyone unable to resist the temptation to express even the mildest political or partisan opinion will be put on limited access for 30 days for a first offence. Anyone persistent enough to offend twice will be banned from the forum."

Moderators, hello moderators, are you there?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Bread makes me poop...

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Tie you bastard, I have something I need to take issue with you about...

Every time I see an Acura, I hear you in the back of my head pronouncing the name as Ahhcura.
HAARRRR... it be driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I consider posting a long "rant" by a prominent former member of one of the U.S. political parties to constitute a violation of the "even hint at" restriction stated previously. Others may have different opinions, but I thought we were told the moderators would exhibit zero tolerance.

·
Banned
390 Posts
"...Some of you might have opinions about the current, past or expected performance or opinions of various individuals or groups.

You are perfectly entitled to hold such opinions and you are also entitled to discuss them down the pub with your mates.

You are not entitled to discuss them (or even hint at them) on this forum. Anyone unable to resist the temptation to express even the mildest political or partisan opinion will be put on limited access for 30 days for a first offence. Anyone persistent enough to offend twice will be banned from the forum."

Until I saw you cry for the mods I thought that you might be one with the quoting of the rules! lmao.

I like potatoes

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Every time I see an Acura, I hear you in the back of my head pronouncing the name as Ahhcura.

You have to say it like Virgil Mastercard would...

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Hey, I like boobs (well on women), potatoes, and bread. I'm not sure why that disqualifies me as an accomplice to bank robbery, although I can't claim any experience. As far as my earlier post, I simply wondered whether the Mods were serious or that was just posturing.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
So you dont like AAAAcuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas?

·
Banned
390 Posts
Lets find out if there serious,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ill start. Republicans DONT like potatoes,bread or BOOBS!

·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
just for info, the best way to alert mods if you have a problem is to report the post rather than mention it in a post in the thread - we are not monitoring every thread all the time.

I have placed the thread up for consideration as an AUP breach but not 100% sure.

It seems to be an historical speech about violence not a party political issue on my first quick scanned reading though.

Please correct me if I am not getting something here that is a breach of AUPs.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Hey, I like boobs (well on women), potatoes, and bread. I'm not sure why that disqualifies me as an accomplice to bank robbery, although I can't claim any experience. As far as my earlier post, I simply wondered whether the Mods were serious or that was just posturing.
I imagine that he's suggesting that you're a snitch, since you were calling for a mod to suspend a forum member for 30 days.

Political speech is banned by the AUP, not speech by politicians. Sometimes politicians express views that transcend the partisan divide and the quote was one such example. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that because the post was a quote from a known politician that it must be partisan and its posting politically motivated and therefore in violation of the AUP. Actually reading the quote might have saved you the bother.

·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
I have no idea what this spat is all about but it seems the thread is going nowhere so I'll close it.

For future reference, if you have a problem with a thread don't expect the moderators to be waiting with baited breath reading your every post - try reporting your concerns using the 'report post' control.

If you have a problem with the behaviour or consistency of moderation, feel free to have a public spray but it is also probably worth raising that with the moderator directly as it is quite possible they may not see it for some time if it is buried in a thread somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.