Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

so i searched up and down this forum for these bars, and can't find a definite answer on these specific ones!!! please see this link:

http://www.Motorcycle-Superstore.com//1/4/68/4917/ITEM/Bikemaster-Clubman-Handlebar.aspx

i wanna get these for my 07 bonnie, but had some questions about them that i can't find online or on the forum.

first and foremost, does anyone have these on their bonnie so i can see how they look?

will these fit my bonnie, and will they be able to use all the stock wiring?

can these accept bar end mirrors?

and lastly, will these give me any issues with the bars hitting the tank?

sorry for all the newbie questions guys, but i need some help! if theres a link or existing thread i somehow overlooked, please hook up a link!

cheers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can't get there from here...

The link you posted appears to be dead; or at least unreachable at this time. If you like Clubmans check out the ACR adjustable. You can see mine in the handle bar sticky, pic #6. Infinitely adjustable and awesome fit and finish. They work with the stock cables too. I can out you in touch with Mike Cook. He hand makes every pair.

Cheers,

SK

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The main issue I can see with the clubman bars brought up by your link is that they are 7/8" diameter and your existing bars are 1". This means you would have to mess about with shims for the handlebar clamps and the controls to get them to fit. You would obviously be better off starting with 1" bars in the first place. The nearest I can find after a quick search are these ace bars - http://www.newbonneville.com/html/hyde_handlebars.html They cost a lot more, but you can have them with or without the plugs to take the original bar end caps if you want to use bar end mirrors and they will fit. If you contact the supplier, they will let you know of any fitment issues regarding wiring and cables.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Also.. the center of 4.8" (length of center between first bends) looks to be too small. My Ace bars have a center of almost 7", which just clears the top fork bolts. Your Bonnie handlebar clamp is 4.5" wide!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also.. the center of 4.8" (length of center between first bends) looks to be too small. My Ace bars have a center of almost 7", which just clears the top fork bolts. Your Bonnie handlebar clamp is 4.5" wide!

what clock is that on your stem nut? i tried to order a similar one before, but couldn't get it to fit?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Clubman Bars

I'd definitely go with the Ace bars or a clubman available through newbonneville.com, Bella Corse, or even British Customs. Some reasons are already stated: What you're looking at is a 7/8" bar, while you need 1". That center is WAY too narrow to work on your Bonne, and it looked to me like there was too much pullback as well. With Clubmans, you can't have a real aggressive pullback, or you'll be bumping the tank with the controls...
Again, I'd go with what has already proven itself on a Bonneville.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Clock id from Clocks4bikes

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/

It fits perfect and the company REALLY stands behind their product. A real pleasure to do business with.

Also........as for handle bars touching the tank....these Ace bars are very close to touching, without actually making contact when at full lock....one could pinch a finger if not careful.Just a point of interest.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ACR adjustable clubman's

NO shims necessary...mine are 1". I kept 'em LOW. NO tank issues. I love these bars. I sold the bike and the bars are well stored and immaculate...now if I can just figure out what they're worth...

Ride safe,

SK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts