Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a tough week and maybe someone is trying to send me a message.

Last sat. my son crashed while riding my Bonneville. The important this is he is ok and escaped with only a fracture in is right scapula and and brused hip. Expect to hear status of bike this week.

This saturday was going to ride up to Cedar Key Florida with the wife on the Tiger to meet up with some folks from Riders of the Lost Empire. Well check the tires etc on the Tiger, hop on to run up to fill up with gas before I loaded the luggage and the bike won't start. Cranks but won't kick over. So think maybe problem with battery. Pull the battery run down to dealer, battery is fine. They tell me they will come p/u bike and bring it in to check it out. Go home put the battery in, on third crank it starts, idling rough and dies. Tried again and it starts. Tell the wife we will drive the car as I don't want to have problem on the road. So Tiger is now at dealer getting checked out. Think they may go ahead and clean throttle bodies. Bike had been at dealer for over a year when I bought it so expect needs a good cleaning. Was running fine up to this point after having the offroad program installed.

Good news is we drove up to Cedar Key. Had a great time, meet some new folks that we look forward to riding with in the near future. So hopefully will get the Tiger back the first of the week as the riding weather has been wonderful here in Florida. And will probably start looking for a new ride to replace the Bonnie as odds are it will be totaled. Not sure if I will get another (I did love riding that bike), or try and find a nice Thunderbird, or wait and see what Triumph has up it sleeve for after the first of the year. In no big rush at this point. My son is healing up well, hip is still bruised but little to no pain. He is getting some more area of movement back in the shoulder and the pain is steadly going down.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Glad you're youngin is OK RT. They heal well when young.

I doubt anyone is trying to tell you something, just a series of unfortunate events. If the Bonnie's frame is all OK, why not buy the wreck and restore it if you like it that much?

Let's here what the dealer says about your Tiger too. Sounds rather strange.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Glad your sons OK. Its a shame it wasn't the bonnie that wouldn't start then your son would not have had diffs and you could have enjoyed your bike trip.

Lil

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
RT

A scoot can always be replaced a son cannot look at the upside.

maybe someone is trying to tell you not to hang around with the Rotle bunch. next time you see Andy K say hey to him for us.

Miker
havent seen you over in the vintage area in a while. Come over and do a little slumming.

K (Is/was Rotle #80?)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yikes

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck. Glad your son is on the mend. Ran in to Travis' wife at the pancake breakfast and she filled me in. That last corner on Mobley is a devil in disguise....decreasing radius with a lil Florida ice thrown in for spice. Missed you on the last few RAT rides, hope to see you and the Boogie Blue Tiger soon.
We had a 4 TIgers at the Dixie Dualsport Gobbler run. What a challenge! The Stealth Tiger carried on regardless and finished. Man an machine a lil worse for the wear.d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts