Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lusting after the Thunderbird Sport for a long time now. There is no room in the budget for a third Triumph at the moment but hopefully in a few years.

In the meantime, I got to sit on this fine sample (that was for sale!) at the Brit Bike Bash in Nashville this weekend. Man, it fit me so well...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I....... There is no room in the budget for a third Triumph at the moment but hopefully in a few years.
Those are two fine looking bikes you have. Hopefully they can tide you over until you find a TBS.... J

Mine's not a TBS, but has the 6th gear, etc.. and I only paid a couple of hundred for it. Left $$$ to mod the hell out of it.

Look on the bright side, maybe you'll come across a good deal on one.

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's not a TBS, but has the 6th gear, etc.. and I only paid a couple of hundred for it. Left $$$ to mod the hell out of it.
I just checked out your photo album. That Thunderbird is beautiful! If I were to get a great conditioned TBS, I would likely change little. But I have seen some Thunderbirds customized that are simply awesome, and if a great deal on a Thunderbird presented itself when I am ready then I may go that way and create my own custom. Time will tell.

Beautiful Thunderbird!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Hey Sean,
That TBS looks good on you!

Reactions: Sean Patrick

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
22,870 Posts
Yeah, but make sure to get a full-face to hide your goofy grin.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In the correct white and gold. I remember them coming out, I thought it was fab. Holding their price very well in the UK, unfortunately for me :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That's the same color I had. I now have a 2010 BMW F650GS as my daily rider as I ended up putting 10k miles on my triumph thunderbird sport in 10 months. After the accident in the TBS and losing the classic paint she now looks like this.

Zee
2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2010 BMW F650GS

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have been lusting after the Thunderbird Sport for a long time now. There is no room in the budget for a third Triumph at the moment but hopefully in a few years.

In the meantime, I got to sit on this fine sample (that was for sale!) at the Brit Bike Bash in Nashville this weekend. Man, it fit me so well...
That's a very nice example you are sitting on there.

They look good in the 2000 colours of tangerine and white.

Don't leave it too long before you get one!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have put a lot of time, pain, and money into looking scary and offensive, but that grin gives me away every time.

I wouldn't have known it was the same person unless you'd explained it was you sitting on the TBS!:surprise::grin2:

there's a couple for sale over here for reasonable money.I may have to look at them if Triumph doesn't do a 1,200 cruiser

1 - 11 of 11 Posts