Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike to the dealers Saturday so they could balance the rear tire since the shop that mounted it couldn't. Glad I did since I didn't feel anything in the drivers seat but my passenger reported a vibration going up that she said was gone coming back. The mech said it was a little off so it was worth the trip.
It was a nice couple of hundred miles to see how the ex took to being on the bike for more than a short ride in prep for trips down to see the kids. She did well and enjoyed it, the ride up was nice but it was hotter than the hubs of hell by the time we got back into town and hit the traffic, 100 degrees and high humidity. I thought she was going to stroke out by the time we hit the gas station 5 miles from home and the heat was starting to suck it out of me too. If we'd had another 100 to go I would have waited for the sun to set. :) It was nasty hot.

I think all is square with the bike, was carrying about 170 pounds more than I usually ride with between the ex and the extras in the bags and we averaged 75-90 mph up and back with the occasional 110 mph pass and turned in 48.6 mpg for 200 miles with a computer average of 43.
I left the tires set on what they were and the rear Mich PR2 only showed 4 pounds over the 34 I run after setting for 10 minutes after we got home. That ain't bad two up and in some good heat to boot.
The temp sat at five bars the whole trip until we hit town and finally ran up to six.
Seems like the more miles you get on these bikes the better they run.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rarely see a LEO on this road. If you do it's usually in one of the larger towns you pass through and it's either a townie or a county deputy.
I think in a dozen or more trips on bike or in a car I've only seen two in two years.

Have been seeing a SHP on my road almost every night after work though which is rare. He must be on some kind of summer cruise circuit because it's the same time every night. Either that or he lives out here.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
11's, it's an '07 non-ABS with just under 7500K on the clock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts