Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off so I thought I'd get out there and shoot some videos. the first is from my handlebar and helmet cam, the second and third are from my muffler cam. We sure do have some fun roads up here! I wonder if anyone is going to figure out which roads these are. Enjoy and let me know what you think...

Helmet Cam

Muffler Cam 1

Muffler Cam 2

[ This message was edited by: Granitsky on 2007-03-06 23:02 ]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very inspiring. I cant wait till the nice weather comes. It's -1 right now.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Nice man. I haven't ridden my bonnie in about 6 weeks, I just felt 1/100th the relief I'm after.

The thing I like best about your vids (besides that it was almost like being there) was the absence of all the wind noise that you find in most bike videos. Good work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah today was really one of our first excellent spring days. Its supposed to rain tomorrow however, but it was in the 60s and I couldn't believe it. I was a sound recordist/mixer in the film industry for a while, so I know the value of a nice wind diffuser. Basically, it was just a bit of that "polar fleece" fabric that my wife had laying around for one of her projects. I just stuck it over the microphone with some 3M double sided sticky foam rubber tape. It sounds a little muffled, but it's better than wind noise I suppose. Hopefully you guys will get to get out there soon!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Well,here`s my guess on #1. Heading up the hill from Flaming Geyser park towards BlackDiamond?
#2 have to wild guess since I rarely look backwards while riding,somewhere out by 4 corners towards Sellack?
and #3 is not a guess.Those are the 10mph switchbacks coming up from the hatchery towards Lake Moneysmith,on the way past Mix-a lot`s old crib.
Nice job on the vids.I took a "faceshield cam" vid out in Cumberland Sunday also. But at 14 minutes of motion Jpeg I`m trying to compile an hour or so before transfering it to my sons World of Warcraft battle box for copy to DVD. Your new pipes sound sweet and like Jeff says,all the sweetness without the wind noise.My old pipe recorded very well at all speeds,but my new dual exhaust turns to 100% wind at speeds over 30. :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just what the Dr. ordered. I think its working........I'm getting a hardon. :-D

Thank you for the notes!!!!!!!!!! :upthumb:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great video. What pipes, airbox mods etc. are you running?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great video. What pipes, airbox mods etc. are you running?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rodburner, you got it spot on. #2 is the road between Black Diamond and Ravensdale, or maybe its just Ravensdale. It's not that great a road but it leads to other great ones. That hatchery road is getting pretty beat up but it's still a lot of fun!

The pipes are Emgo reverse cones and the only mods I'm running are larger pilot jets. No airbox mods at all, just some cosmetic ones. I want to fit a foam filter in there but it seems OK right now. You guys talked me into swapping out the blinkers and taillight, so that's my next project.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey cool vid's Grantisky,
Have you repacked those Emgo cans. They sound a bit more civil then mine or is that just the mic on your camera??
I like it.

Cheers Hombre

·
Registered
40 Posts
On 2007-03-07 19:11, Granitsky wrote:
but the mic might be blocking out some higher frequencies too...
As a former sound man(10yrs w/Johnny Winter), I think it was
the polar fleece windscreen that was blocking the HF.
Anyway, they sound GREAT! (I'm not sure if I can hear
anything over 5k anymore).
Uncle Charlie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that's what I meant- that my wind blocker was blocking it out... I do like the sound, but I think I blocked out a little too much. On my other video, I cut out the foam around microphone hole so that only the blocking material was in front of the microphone. I was using a CVS camera by the way, one of those disposable cameras they sell at drug stores, but hacked into so it isn't disposable anymore...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts