Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this mirror dirt cheap and thought I would give it a try. What do you all think of it....? :)

Above the handle bars...

Below the handle bars...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't afford the crg's like I want, but these are darn near disposable at $10 a pop. (from a local mountain bike shop) :razz: I think I'm going to run them upright, and the view is actually a ton better than the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Pretty cool score, man. Run 'em upright. Hangin' down makes Speedy look Droopy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i got exactly the same one!!!only i paid like 7 bucks :razz: i also trimmed it down to be a little shorter

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like them down, gives the bike a retro look.

papes and/or dirtmcgirt,
what brand are they, were did you all get those for $7-$10 can't go wrong

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like them better down. However if you trim them like dirtmcgirt then i like them up. trimed and up is my fav.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dirt thats exactly what I was looking at doing! Hows it workin out for you so far?

·
Registered
217 Posts
For something as simple as mirrors, there is a wide range of prices and quality. I bought some on e-bay, fitted them droopy-style but struggled to see behind easily. I then tried with mirror-up and it seemed perfect straight away. Always knocking the lefthand one when I get off the bike, so have to adjust it regularly and that means it needs tightening up every week or so. High maintenance mirrors...ha ha.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i just cut it with my chop saw and drill a through hole...i left the stock bar end and ran a bolt that was the right size...at high rpm it vibes a little but i just move my hand out against the mirror...i only use the mirror for two things anyway...at red ligts to make sure the idiot coming up behind me is going to stop and to scan for fast moving cops on the highway...for that it works just fine

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
cool. good find. they are inconspicuous enough to get by or work well, for the day you want to upgrade. i'd prolly go with the 'up' position just for seeing sake.

my only one small comment would be (wondering outloud here) how they would handle at speeds? are they rigid enough and stable enough, to stay in place at speed?
(are the tolerances enough, or are they tighten-able?
good finds are good finds sometimes.

[ This message was edited by: zooplancton on 2007-01-10 21:08 ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts