Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her are a set of clip -ons i just made for my bike.Hidden stash tube for registration and insurance papers. Also, a few of the new headlight mounts i`m making.One of the headlight mounts is incomplete, so you can see how im doing it. i`ll Update when they are totlaly complete.Hope you enjoy. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WAY strong enough....

There is more meat where they connect than seen in the pic.They are stiffer than the stock aluminum thruxton clip-ons.

·
Registered
666 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I`m making the brackets because i want a different look than stock .i also moved the headlight down 5/8 of an inch and back 1/2 inch.That little bit combined with the clip on bars really makes the front look slammed.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Evan,
When I see guys doing these kind of modifications it gives me wood.
This is where a craftsman can put his imagination to work. I like the clip-ons (stash tube is slick), but the headlight bracket is brilliant. It has that old school artistic flow along with the way you boxed 2 pieces to give it a thicker look. Are you planning on polishing the assembly or doing it black? I'm running to my garage to finish my homemade drag-pipes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments man!!!!I actually plan to get them painted to match the tank color,along with painting the headlight bucket the same color. It will all flow in a nice line.I have some other mods i`m doing as well and ill post pics as they progress since there seems to be some interest on the board in hacking up a perfectly adequate bike and making it cooler.lol I wanna see those pipes when your done.

·
30,296 Posts
Yeah it's really well done, I love seeing one of a kind hand crafted stuff like this! It makes your bike really individual and unique.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also installed clip ons on my Bonnie, but I ended up using existing clip ons instead of making my own. Also modded the stock headlight bracket to make room for the clip ons to mount below the top yoke so I wouldn't alter my steering geometry. Your hand-crafted brackets and bars are killer -- wish I had your metalworking skills. Here are some pics of mine:

Before:

After:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts