Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the UPS store today (dropping off your exhausts cans Kit) and saw an old friend. Told him I was in a little crash. A lady at the counter gave me some great advice I never knew: :hammer:

1) Never wear a full face helmet. Wrecks result in collar bones being broken nearly every time.

2) Go up at least 10 teeth on your rear sprocket for better traction.

3) 90% of all motorcycle accidents are the result of faulty kickstands coming down. It's well worth it to zip-tie your stand every time you mount.

There you go guys. Now you know. Wade

[ This message was edited by: YrfuneralMytrial on 2006-11-14 17:10 ]

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
The teeth you loose from having an open faced helmet therefore go on the rear sprocket, the jaw bone can be jammed in the kickstand, to keep it up and the money you save from not breaking collar bones can be spent on kool aid - wow who ever would have thought - I'm off to buy a Davida classic, yeehaaa ! :-D

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Obviously she had gotten too close to the 'shale shuckers' rear tyre and gotten a face full of good sense. Probably on the advice of some dimwit suggesting that was a good way of getting rid of acne - bead blasting away in the processs the last vestiges of reason and reality! :-D Or perhaps she'd had one sniff of ether too many - where and how people come up with these ideas never ceases to amaze me - but a laugh is a laugh! Can she walk and talk !? :-D :-D :-D

G

·
I've never had a broken collarbone, she may have a point. :razz:

(15 years later, I'm looking at $5k in dental work to replace the tooth that went through my lip. And that was a bicycle crash, no motor!)

-Kit

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
On 2006-11-14 19:59, YrfuneralMytrial wrote:
She was married to an old dirt tracker and a nurse assistant in a rehab clinic. In other words, an expert.
Where is the icon for sarcasm when you need it :razz:

·
Registered
89 Posts
actually I think the collar bone gets broken when the bike falls on you as you are zip tying the kickstand up! :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"actually I think the collar bone gets broken when the bike falls on you as you are zip tying the kickstand up!"

-lmao. I was briefly torn between absorbing her knowledge and begging her to never repeat it again. In the end, I said "it's been nice talking to you." I'm such a puss.

Kit- that's a nasty bang-up...but I dig the Duran Duran look you had going!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how you get the sidestand back down when you stop.
I guess that would solve my problem with the sticking sidestand/neutral switch. :cool:

·
Registered
316 Posts
On 2006-11-15 18:22, seumas wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how you get the sidestand back down when you stop.
I guess that would solve my problem with the sticking sidestand/neutral switch. :cool:
Zip tie it to the exhaust silly :)

That way it stays loose..........one press of the heel, the zip tie stretches from the heat of the exhaust and lets go......... :) :wink:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Now why didn't I think of that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts