Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that not all members visit the "member's projects" section, so I thought I'd share this shot here for general interest:

1974 Triumph Trident 750 triple

It's not TOTALLY disassembled, valves are assembled to head, 2 of 3 carbs somewhat assembled, cams in the timing case, rockers in the rockerboxes, clutch pack bolted up, other miscellaneous subassemblies not fully apart, but that's basically what a pushrod triple looks like inside.

All the scraping & scrubbing is done, time to start back together with it...

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Man thats alot of parts. When i see pictures like that I just want to start putting it back together. Very nice photo GPZ, thanks for sharing.
Steve

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
Saw your photo documentary on this bike earlier in members projects. Great work! Your photo of the engine in parts brings me back to when I was much younger and admired the picture on back cover my Triumph Haynes Manual where they had taken apart an entire bike as you did. Could be an exhibit at an Art Gallery! Thanks for sharing:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/user/triumpht120rv

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Neat picture, Paul. Actually makes engine assembly look pretty easy. I actually thought you had left stuff out, but guess not.

Thanks for sharing.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I didn't lay in all the new parts because this was a shot of parts drying out after just having been washed in solvent. The photo proves there are ways to make tedious jobs fun and interesting!

I did a very similar photo with a Bonnie engine a while back.

The better shot was this one of another client build, Charlie's resto-mod '75 Norton. In this case, it was the whole bike, except the power unit was already assembled...

It didn't turn out too shabby...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I de-cafe'd my back due to the uncomfortable riding position and the desire to go back semi original, but that is just awesome. Worth the discomfort.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Man, I wish I had that type of time on my hands! All I can say GPZ is that your'e fully commited to these old bikes! If I spent that long laying things out the missus would slap me across the head and the kids would be complaining that I love my bikes more than them. hehe

silverfish

silverfish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts