Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with the Triumph/Sixty8 solo seat (part # A9708034)? Is it comfortable? Are there cheaper solo seats on the market that look similar? Not interested in Corbin's.

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
The sixty8 solo seat isn't anything more than a thruxton seat in a different colour and I believe the Thruxton seat is cheaper.
If you just want the standard black one, that's the way to go.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Or you could get the Scrambler Solo seat w/rack, which is way more comfy then the stock seat. It does change the look of the bike all up though, kind of unique.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Wrong! The 68 solo seat is not the same as the Thruxton seat, it is it's own thing and it is cool and comfy!

The 68 Contemporary Seat is the same as the Thruxton, but available in different colors, it is also better than the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Wot sweaty said. And most of the aftermarket seats seem to be more expensive than the Triumph one. I like the Triumph solo seat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback lads.

The 68 seat that I like seems to have the same part number as the triumph solo seat. Are they the same?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
On 2006-11-16 16:03, bruin wrote:
Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with the Triumph/Sixty8 solo seat (part # A9708034)? Is it comfortable? Are there cheaper solo seats on the market that look similar? Not interested in Corbin's.

Cheers
G'day bruin,

Yes they are one in the same. They're both the one shown on this promo pic for Triumph accessories.

I have one installed on my T100. I found the stock seat unbearably firm from the onset. I bought the "Triumph Single Seat" about two weeks after I bought the bike. That was six months ago. I sure like the solo seat a whole lot better than the stock.

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
On 2006-11-16 19:11, bruin wrote:
Thanks for the feedback lads.

The 68 seat that I like seems to have the same part number as the triumph solo seat. Are they the same?
oops, my bad. I thought you were referring to the "contemporary" seat.
The 'single' seats are all the same. They are almost as comfortable as the King/Queen seats but look a hell of a lot better. imho

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I just installed a Triumph "68" solo seat from Hermy's ($249, delivered) and I'm really happy with the difference. It has a smooth surface, seems slightly flatter, and has more supportive foam. I haven't done an extended ride yet, but it promises to be exponentially better than before.

·
Registered
621 Posts
On 2006-11-16 20:10, road_dog wrote:
I bought the "Triumph Single Seat" about two weeks after I bought the bike. That was six months ago. I sure like the solo seat a whole lot better than the stock.
Agree. I installed the Triumph Single Seat at the beginning of the season, and at the end of the season it was even more comfortable. I guess it gets broken in a bit over time.

Bob

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think the solo may be a little lower than the stock seat, it could be that the front of the seat is slightly narrower though...

After about 4000 miles my stock seat broke in nicely, I do have a solo also however.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Jeff,I made a mounting tang for that narrow sportster seat and stuck it on. My "geriatric hooligan" is making some progress. :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Nice, my sportster seat is sitting on the floor next to me...I've only chopped off the HD mounting bracket and grinded down the pan so it would sit on the bonnie right. I haven't actually made it work, but it makes me sit too close to the tank so I don't know if I'll even mess with it.

I was thinking of pulling the cover off it and removing some foam from the back of the seat to allow me to sit further back.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On 2006-11-18 01:29, rodburner wrote:
:cool:
Have you had the "limp-dick" tail light all along? I don't seem to remember it.

I've only been on my bike 3 times since the end of September when I got back from California! I guess I got my fill of riding for a while.

One more - I'm really glad I went down to ride with my nephew Aaron as he passed 3 weeks later.

Big A - in September

·
Registered
621 Posts
On 2006-11-17 20:39, darmahman wrote:
Does the solo raise you up a liittle more than the stock seat?
I haven't measured, but I believe just a bit. I say this because with the solo seat I find I'm leaning forward just a little more than with the stock seat. It is a bit narrower at the front. Only drawback so far is that you can't mount a tailbag and I'll probably have to switch back to the stocker if I want to put my throwover saddlebags on. Or I suppose I could get some Tourmaster Cruiser IIs and mount them under the seat.
Bob

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Rodburner,
I really like your bike. It seems that everything you do to it puts it in a category all it's own. Well done!

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Thanks Dog. Spent the day doing my version of a fender removal "kit".
:-D

Tomorrow I`m starting on a sprung,steel panned "bobber" seat. :-D
Oldsport,sorry to hear about Aaron. I`m happy for you,that you guys got to do that "last ride". I`m pretty sure that all his roads are new,twisty blacktop and lined with umbrella girls now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts