Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering sending the stock seat for the Tbird to Sargent and having them fashion a solo seat and upgrade the foam. I am looking for a few ideas (shape/style), input if anyone has worked with Sargent in the past and if their end product (comfort wise) is as good as Corbin.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same thing to my Adventurer in a corbin Gunfighter sort of way.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I, too, have considered this. I actually bought the Triumph King/Queen seat to get a little more legroom, and kept the original to use as a base for modifying if the K/Q did not work out. Lots of searching revealed many negative comments about Corbin; not their product, but their customer service. Sargent was mentioned as a good alternative, so I called their customer number, and spoke with someone who gave me lots of time and information. Basically, he suggested taping a folded towel on the seat and experimenting until I got the right thickness, and then making a drawing of the set-up. You will also need to draw a line with a level on a piece of tape on the side for reference. There was also a great photo of a custom seat mod posted from someone in either Australia or NZ, I think, and it was a beautiful job. Good luck, and definitely post some photos when you are done!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I picked up this used custom seat made by Rick Mayer ( http://www.rickmayercycle.com ) off of ebay about a month ago. For some reason there wasn't too much interest in it and I got it for next to nothing.

It's a great seat, well made and comfortable. The only down side is it does not really keep the cafe look of the original.

I also have a corbin solo on my TBS, a lot of people don't like corbin's but I think they are extremely comfortable. I can ride for hours on mine without a break. The down side is that they are pricey and I don't know how it would be to work with them on a custom modification using a non-corbin seat pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems to sit fine, the super cell foam is quite a bit firmer and I thought Sargent did a very nice job.

Naturally, up here in flyover land was not able to test it properly so time will tell but if it is close to the Corbin for comfort I will be very happy!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts