Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a long shot but I really need to be able to scoot back on my seat more so I'm looking for some input for something like a solo OR?.......

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey any of you guys with seat locks, does this stud work with a seat release lock type setup or does it just press into some type of grommet?? A pic would sure help. I did do a search but earlier posts don't show pic's anymore. Thanks

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's dozens of them on e-bay. Kawasaki used the same latch.
Good to know as I saw some of the Kawi locks on ePay and noticed they did look similar. However I did find one off a Adventurer that I bought for $15, Now to find the key lock/release mechanism...that they don't want a hundred bucks for!!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK
well since 1999 and newer Adventurers came with bolt on seats and did not have the option of the factory Solo seat I still figured it wouldn't be to much hassle retro fitting the bike to accept one. I was sure I could fab the frame mounted lock release bracket but what about where to mount and how to align it ( my patience isn't what it wasn't in the first place ?) but alas my problem is solved ( I hope ), I bought a rear sub frame off a 97 Adventurer from ePay, took all kinds of measurements and took all kinds of pic's than started cutting., Some pic's of my progress....next comes rerouting wires. prepping and welding

My bikes sub frame

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK
Got the mount welded up today and mounted the seat release. Does anyone know where the keyed release was mounted on the Adventurer ???

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah Ha!! Thanks, I didn't think to look at the side cover., Hmm... I may have to rig something different.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still need to mount some sort of seat release switch and change out some different rack mounting bolts but here she is right now.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would anyone with a Thunderbird ( or Adventurer ) have a pic of their keyed seat release switch?, I could use a visual for my search.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I can get you one later today, exactly what are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
It's a legend, but it's the same as my TBS. One pic shows how the lock mounts to the secondary airbox and the other shows the area on the side cover where you have to make the hole.

The hole for the lock goes on the flat area below my finger.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great
Thats what I needed Thank you WSC ( and BRG ). WSC I went and ordered a side cover for a earlier Adventurer complete with hole so I should be set with that part. I saw a exact lock release like what you posted but the part # seller posted showed it only fit 955's ?? I might just go buy it and see if it works. here is the link to it Triumph Speed Triple & Daytona 955i & Tiger 1050 SE Seat Lock Latch & Key | eBay

thanks again guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts