Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
I just sold my 2013 Thruxton but not buying a new bike but spend some money on the 2016 Thruxton S, new Ikon shocks on order and still deciding what I will do in the front end and a new front tyre 20k on the original one.
Nothing better than wheeling out a new bike for the first time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked it up today. The service mgr said to ride it in rain mode until the tires scrub in. I took it very easy during the 14 mile ride back home. I like the ergos...very upright and keeps my back straight and my head up. Man, does this bike sound good! I stopped to top off the tank, hopped back on, and enjoyed the rest of the ride. I and am admiring it in my garage. Triumph makes awesome bikes.

Registered
I couldn't resist. I put it in road mode and did the local Little Tujunga Canyon loop ride. Damn this is quite the bike! Still keeping it under 4k rpms, it is quite impressive in so many ways. Tomorrow I will meet up with my riding buddies and do it do it do it again!

Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
That advice about rain mode until the tyres scrub in is probably for his liability insurance - just another thing to add to their check list on handing over a new bike as so many bikes now have riding modes. Tyres don't need so much nannying these days as most manufacturers don't use the old style mold release agents.

Put it in sport mode and enjoy that baby.

Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
Lucky U, Super cool scrambler! Triumph does make very appealing bikes, it鈥檚 even hard for me to ignore my TTR鈥ol.鈥TG

Registered
I sold my '16 Street Twin yesterday to a very happy rider.
Today, I purchased a new '21 Scrambler 1200 XC from L.A.CycleSports.
I got a very good deal. Tomorrow I pick it up and ride it home.
It is the two tone green with the yellow stripe on the tank. View attachment 770473
It is the two tone green with the yellow stripe on the tank. View attachment 770473
Buddy, I road that bike at the Atlanta IMS and I was so surprised how the bike didn't feel like it had a 21" wheel. The engine is a stunner. Congratulations!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've only gone out twice on it so far. It has been windy as hell the past few days. Too windy to enjoy motorcycling.
Meanwhile I've been familiarizing myself with the dash features. It even asked for my name, and says goodbye to me by name, when I turn it off! I can say it handles well in the twisties, regardless of the 21" front wheel. It sounds fabulous. I heard another Scrambler ride by with Zard pipes. It was too damn loud. As bad as a too loud Harley. I don't know how anyone can enjoy the ride when their pipes are beating you up so bad. YMMV.

Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
It even asked for my name, and says goodbye to me by name, when I turn it off!
It used to be that owners would sometimes name their bikes. Now the bikes have names for the owners.

Imagine the conversations between them when there are a few parked in front of a pub:
'You have a name for your owner?'
'Yeah, I call him Pete. You?'
'I just call him the fat bastard.'
:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts