Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bid farewell to my 2005 Bonneville and purchased a 2007 50th anniversary Harley Sportster 1200. I would have liked to keep the Bonnie, but space would not allow. This forum has been great for information and for the most part, people were helpful. The one issue I had was the Harley bashing. Some was playful but others have no clue about how well Harleys are made at this time. My biggest complaint about Triumph was the lack of dealer support here in MA. The aftermarket parts guys here on the forum are OK but generally I found the quality of some of there stuff to be fair at best. The moderators on this forum are very good at keeping this a friendly environment and should be applauded! Well thanks for letting me rant and I will come by to visit occasionally as I do like some of the information here regarding motorcycles in general! Keep the rubber side down and stay safe. TC88 :cool:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Best wishes - good luck! but keep dropping in, ok?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hey TC88
I hate to see a Mass. guy go, There is not many of us here.
But anyway, to bad you could not keep the Bonnie and
the sporty. Now wouldn't that be cool. I almost went for the 1200 sporty before I bought my 2001 Bonnie. I guess
Triumph is just in my blood. Because when I saw the new Bonnie for the first time back in 2001 it went right to the heart.
I wish you the best of luck with your new sporty.
Come on back and let us know how you like. then we can
start yet ,another never ending thread on Harley bashing
Have a good one.
Bill.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Later man, nothin wrong with ownin a harley...but you already knew that :)

I was lookin at a duece prior to buying the bonnie black, couldnt justify the $...great bikes though. Awesome fit n finish.

Ride safe and drop back in now and again....

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Some people like harleys, some like triumphs, some like both. They're both fine in thier own way. Nothing wrong with gettin what you want. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Enjoy your new ride. If Austin didn't have such a great Triumph dealership, I'd be riding a Harley today.

Safe riding.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It isn't the Harley quality. It is the Harley image I don't like. But I ride with 3 Harley friends. They were friends before they had Harley's. But they aren't members of the HRABC club. Why are there so many "Harley Riders Against Something" clubs? But it is cool when they gather to run the funeral protesters from Kansas out of town. The ones against the Iraq war that go to Solders funerals to protest. Something about a bunch of Harley riders in black leather will do that. But I bet there wasn't a Sportser among them. Also can't do an engine that red lines at 3500 rpm. My John Deer days are over.
Good luck with the new ride. They do look great. Just remember to put your arm out for British bikes. We used to raise our arms like in protest back in the day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I LOVE Harleys - wish I had one.... That being said, I would never trade a Bonnie for a Sportster!!! Maybe you know something I don't - which is very possible :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Glad you found what you wanted TC88. One day I too may own a Harley Davidson but I'll always have a Triumph for back up. :cool:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Best of luck to you. Go easy on those little 790/865's opn that nice Sporty. You'll love it. It is true, Triumphs dealer network is sparse compared to Harley or Honda. It sort of forces us to be more self reliant. I hope Harley treats you better than some of my buddies who have had bad experiences with service and warranty issues. Keep riding, that's the big thing!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
TC, all the best. The RK will have a new baby brother in the stable, good for you! It is all about the enjoyment. Some of the blind rants I have read on various bike forums (including here) on any brand ownership can get old quick. I hope it didn't take away from your spending time with some very cool and knowledgeable fellow riders and a great bike like the Bonnie.

I'm lucky to have 3 outstanding Triumph dealerships within 1-2 hours of me. The HD, Honda, Suz, Guzzi, Duc....shops are all very friendly to shop in too. Customer service is as good a tie breaker as you will ever have, shame on the Triumph shop for the loss, another "W" in the HD camp.

Ride safe and come ride in the New England of the South. Western North Carolina, Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains with lots of southern hospitality. PM me if you get down this way for some riding!

Cheers :chug:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
:wow: :wow:

·
Registered
344 Posts

My goal is three bikes. got the
Bonnie, need a BSA and a Sportster. But only after my ship comes in! :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status