Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

[Sold] Brand New Merlin Stafford Wax Jacket (38)

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike22 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered from UK.
Brand new (arrived today) but too big and a fortune to return. Size Small (38).

$349 on Revzilla. I'm asking $250.

Merlin Stafford Wax Jacket
The Merlin Integrated Airbag (sold separately) buckles onto the Merlin Stafford Wax Jacket for superb on the bike protection and unbeatable style off the bike. A removable Reissa Waterproof membrane makes sure you remain dry and a removable thermal liner helps manage the warm or cold temperatures. CE level 1 armor at the elbows and shoulders provide impact protection. Add in an optional back protector to upgrade the protection.
The Merlin Stafford Wax Jacket makes no compromises for form or function.
Features:
  • Merlin CE Level 2 integrated airbag ready
  • Original Scottish Halley Stevensons 8oz Silkwax waxed cotton outer
  • Removable thermal liner with Reissa waterproof membrane and Marton Mills tartan panels
  • Safetech CE Level 1 shoulder and elbow armor
  • Pocket for optional back protector (sold separately)
  • Merlin branded antique effect snap studs
  • YKK/Max zippers
  • YKK jacket-to-pants connector zipper
  • Ventilation points in the chest, sleeve and back
  • Twin Chest Pockets
  • Hand pockets
  • Hem and cuff adjustment
  • Leather trim collar
There's a nice write-up here:

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a plug, I have this (and added the back protector for it) and love it. I used it during a two week trip from Seattle, WA, to the Grand Canyon, and then up the Coastal highway. It was perfect in cold in the mountains (with the liner), and then hot in Death Valley (it was November, so I don't think it was warmer than 33C). Plus... it's not black... so it doesn't get too hot in the sun.

#3 ·
Thanks! Yes, I did loads of research and decided on this. Perfect for every day riding and also touring, like your trip. It has the removable liner and vents for the summer and a warm liner and waterproof membrane for colder days. I was bummed it didn’t fit after ordering from the UK. Hopefully someone comes to the rescue!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.