Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Bonneville T100 with stock wheels. I'm looking for the softest most sports like rear tire available, what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I have an 05 Bonneville T100 with stock wheels. I'm looking for the softest most sports like rear tire available, what do you guys recommend?
Go to any web site that sells motorbike types, find what is in your size then read reviews, there is a lot more information on those site about how a tyre delivers than on here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
From what I've read Pirelli's are the softest.
I have the Pirelli Sport Demons on my 2016 T100, in stock sizes.

They are great compared to the stock rubber. I am completely happy with them. I have about 700 miles on them so far, all on dry pavement.

I haven't used them in the rain yet.

I got them because they are "sticky" and I was more concerned with grip than long life.

Slots

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
And just to confuse the OP, I have a set of sport demons on my bike right now and cant wait to get them off. I dont find them the least bit "sticky" - while up in the mountains last fall I felt that I couldn't depend on them in the sharp turns, they didnt seam to grip and often times the rear end slid just enough to make me uncomfortable.
I've put about 4500 miles on them and they're spent, I'd like to think I could get more mileage out of a tire but...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried sport demon on a few different bikes, they are fine but I really want something more sporty. Might have to wait until I get wider rims

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’ve only had the stock tires and the Pirelli Sport Demons, so I don’t have a wide basis for comparison. I do live in Florida and it’s usually hot when I ride. I use the stock pressure with the Pirellis.

The stock Metzler rear tire would lock up when braking hard. The Pirellis have not had that problem.

Slots

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running Bridgestone Battlax BT45 front and rear and like them. I don't think stock T100 sizes are available but I'm running 110/80-18 and 140/80-17. Going to go up to a 150/70 when the rear wears out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had Michlen pilot activ's installed yesterday,front and back.Big difference over the stock Metzlers,ride and handling.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i personally like the sport demons on my 05 thruxton. that is the only tire i've put on my bike since 2009. i went up one size in the rear i love the feel they give back. only down side for me was they don't last as long as some of the others.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a pair of sport demons waiting to be mounted on my SE.

I also have a Thruxton rear hub that I am putting a 4.25 inch rim on so I can get a genuine radial in something like a Pirelli Rossi II or III. Next year.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Genuine steel radial Anakee 3s...I'm on my second pair and they're great in any conditions except maybe snow.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Many years ago I went to my tyre fitter and asked for a pair of race tyres ( soft compound ) . He said nothing just smiled and supplied what I asked for . 1000 miles later with shagged tyres I went back for a pair of road tyres . The tyres Michelin racing wets the bike a Yamaha fs1e . Lesson learnt softer is not always better . On my Thruxton 900 I tried Sport Demons then went to Conti Road Attack radials which I found to be the best , until I had supermoto size rims with 120/70 front 160/60 rear in 17" .

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I just today changed out my sport demon,(rear) 4300 miles on it and there was a patch where the threads were showing through, just noticed it last Sunday when I parked the bike, according to most they are considered soft, I didnt see/feel it, I only ride about 3-4000 miles a year and I'd like to get more then one year out of a tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts