Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Final drives and fuel strips. That's mostly all one hears about over there in Beemer-land. Touchy topics. And there sure as heck is no 'Girls on Bikes' thread! Maybe I should start one and see if I can't loosen things up a bit! :)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'm on FB, but don't go on there much at all. It did put me back into contact with some high school classmates and a couple of friends I had lost track of over the years. It can be a nice way to look at photos friends have taken of their vacations and get togethers. It also allows people to contact you who have lost your email address or something.

I am on this forum almost daily. I like it here, and haven't seen much women bashing as Rose mentioned. Right when I first came on I saw some in the Sprint area and I didn't participate much here. It took awhile for them to warm up to my being there. Once they did though I've really enjoyed this forum and the way it's moderated.

Another nice forum for those of you who own tractors is tractorbynet.com. It mostly caters to those with compact tractors, but there are many there who can help you with your old iron as well. And even though I was like 1 of 3 women on there with hundreds of men, they were all very good to me.

I sometimes go on Ohio Riders, but have to admit it can be kind of a free for all. I've seen quite a bit of nasty name calling on that one so I've just never warmed up to it.

I just joined a parrot forum a few days ago. It looks like a nice place so far. Now that I have an Amazon I wanted a place I could go with my questions. Pete started doing the Amazon mating dance last weekend and I didn't know what it was, lol! I thought there was something wrong with him.

·
30,015 Posts
I am a member of quite a few forums - basically the forum for each bike I own, for use on technical stuff, but I only post routinely to this one, and a bit on the regional forum of ADV. The other ones I use mainly as technical libraries. I also belong to a model engineering machinists forum, but I haven't participated there for a while.

I was on facebook for a while but gave it up.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Yeah, who'd have thought BMW riders would be a little stuffy?

Part of me wants to join their forum just to see how it takes to get banned.
Criticism of the two finger peace sign wave at shoulder level and yellow textile jackets could be a start :D

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Hello, I'm a Farmville addict (via Facebook). It's been 10 hours since I last logged on. I must log on before the end of the day or my crops will wither and my Santa sleigh might not get completed.

I have to check my newsfeed to see what kind of racy pictures my alcoholic 2nd cousin has posted (she's a looker), whether or not the Denver Broncos have scored (even though I'm watching the game) and if my cousin the mayor has taken care of the coyote attacks on the open spaces in his town.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
All THAT is on Farmville?!! :eek:

Btw Kirkus, I read your post out loud to Hubby in a country hick voice (wasn't much of a stretch really! ;)) and both of us cracked up!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Kirkus, one of the reasons I've lost interest in facebook is that my wife (left the Farm for the City t-shirt for Christmas) is a Cityville addict, and so are her friends. They all have @least 2 cities and log into each other's city to keep things growing. Unfortunately the Mrs' second city is on my fb account so my updates are overwhelmed with city requests and notifications.

As for checking the scores even though you are watching the game is hilarious. I expect it is so you can add loud ("!") comments when the scores change either way.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I used to laugh at my girlfriend who wasted God knows how long tending to her virtual crops - then I found Angry Birds and this side of the Triumph site.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Angry Birds is a fun and clever game. I play it on my iPhone instead of online.

A good thing about Facebook that is sometimes overlooked is the absolute dizzying array of privacy settings. I have mine clamped down so that I never see people's game scores on the newsfeed, no companies or Facebook applications have my permission to use or post my information, and only part of my profile is viewable to non-friends (so that people can find me). You can even make your posts and other parts of your profile off-limits to friends who are on your list if you want, and prevent their status updates from showing up on your newsfeed without them knowing you've done that. I know families who use Facebook as kind of a virtual private network, allowing only each other access. They're invisible to the world unless you're family and invited. So it's pretty easy to "calm" down the noise that tends to overwhelm when you first join.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts