Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

So, would you buy a 2020?

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  jer5ak 
#1 ·
Riding a Street Triple R now, looking to the Speed RS. No low mileage 18’s/19’s available anywhere nearby.

The ‘20 RS is clearly a cosmetic tweak only - no bad thing as the bike is awesome. Lamb Chops review had me drooling again.

But... presumably there’ll be big changes for ‘21(?) when the Euro5 1150(?) is released.

Thoughts?

#3 ·
The dealers around here, unless they have a demo bike won't allow test rides on new bikes, but are more than happy to toss me the keys to a used bike. The s3 has great low rpm cruising power, but the st3 has better power to weight so it's more of a lateral move than upgrade.

#5 ·
Been looking at trading my 19rs for a Duke,Duc, Ape or Beemer but theres nothing out there that touches the looks of the Speedy. I'll probably just wait till the 1160 comes out. Theres also talk of Triumph bring back the round headlights , similar to what they're using with the Rocket.Its a done deal if they do all this , I'll be trading up.

#9 ·
After having round headlights on my T595/ Speed Triple for 10 years, it took a long time to get used to the "alien" looking headlights on the newer models. I purchased a 2019 RS in November, because I didn't want to wait for the 1160 and how it may look if it came with round headlights!

#7 ·
I picked up a used '19 RS that was barely broken in. Only put a few mi on it so far but I can already tell I'll love this bike. I had a Tuono 1100 before and this is way smoother and is still impressively quick even after the V4 monster.

So, in short I would absolutely buy a 2020; you really don't need any more power IMO.

#8 ·
If you compare the power numbers from the 2300 r3r to the 2500 I don't know if I would be holding out for a big power bump from the 1150. Any new bike is going to depreciate by half so either lightly used or leftover new is the way to go anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.