Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding a Street Triple R now, looking to the Speed RS. No low mileage 18’s/19’s available anywhere nearby.

The ‘20 RS is clearly a cosmetic tweak only - no bad thing as the bike is awesome. Lamb Chops review had me drooling again.

But... presumably there’ll be big changes for ‘21(?) when the Euro5 1150(?) is released.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Theres talk of an 1160 rs to be introduced soon. I would trade up for this when its been out a couple years so all the bugs get vanquished.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The dealers around here, unless they have a demo bike won't allow test rides on new bikes, but are more than happy to toss me the keys to a used bike. The s3 has great low rpm cruising power, but the st3 has better power to weight so it's more of a lateral move than upgrade.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'd wait for the 1160 if I was this close. You can still find an '18 or '19 if you decide you don't want the new one. A lot of guys will be trading up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Been looking at trading my 19rs for a Duke,Duc, Ape or Beemer but theres nothing out there that touches the looks of the Speedy. I'll probably just wait till the 1160 comes out. Theres also talk of Triumph bring back the round headlights , similar to what they're using with the Rocket.Its a done deal if they do all this , I'll be trading up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up a used '19 RS that was barely broken in. Only put a few mi on it so far but I can already tell I'll love this bike. I had a Tuono 1100 before and this is way smoother and is still impressively quick even after the V4 monster.

So, in short I would absolutely buy a 2020; you really don't need any more power IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts