Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-11-23 11:38, zooplancton wrote:
that would definitely catch 'em!!
(talk them into a triple! you'd be the most stylish police unit around)
I know, even a Rocket 3 would be badass.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
On a episode of Sport Bikes, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol Motor Officer was riding an ex-drug runner Hyabusa. It was wicked in black with blacked-out pursuit lights. I think it's just a matter of time before some of the states adopt big time crotch rockets.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe those two officers went to Freddy Spencer's school at the Miller Motorsports park here in UT. One of my motor instructors was there and talked to them. Unless it was some other guys.
I can see the highway patrol using them, but us city cops really have no need for them unfortunately. But they would be fun!

·
Registered
58 Posts
All you need now is a clamp for the LTI Laser and a tailbag for a ticket book. "Sir... Press hard you are making five copies."

·
Registered
583 Posts
wow,, that's awesome, i have always wondered why the police don't have any fast vehicles,, on the new's the other day they were making a big deal about how they are switching up to those hemi charger things,,, yeah,, like that's gonna catch me...
not that i want to increase the police's ability to catch my friends and i, but one thing that i really think would be a good idea is first response medical motorcycles,, yeah, your not gonna be able to do everything,, but if you had a defib, some atropene, and whatever other things can save a life in the first few minutes after an accident, i know alot of places that i could get to faster on my bike than a helicopter could get there. if i were rolling already, like on patrol. you could help to stabilize a patient till the ambulance got there 15 minutes later.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
nice TR, but one question remains... is that yer cool ass sit'n on that 14??? :-D Would be sweeeet though, makes me wanna be a motor-cop! :wink: :-D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Cheap that's me with my game face, I'm beginning to see why nobody takes me seriously when I put it on...

Spanky, when you gettin' yours?

·
Registered
293 Posts
On 2006-11-23 14:52, jrussell6 wrote:
but one thing that i really think would be a good idea is first response medical motorcycles,, yeah, your not gonna be able to do everything,, but if you had a defib, some atropene, and whatever other things can save a life in the first few minutes after an accident, i know alot of places that i could get to faster on my bike than a helicopter could get there. if i were rolling already, like on patrol. you could help to stabilize a patient till the ambulance got there 15 minutes later.
That sounds like a really good idea, I don't think it would be terribly expensive to implement either. Could save a lot of costs if it prevented needlessly sending out the helo also.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
but one thing that i really think would be a good idea is first response medical motorcycles,,

Like this one from Sydney? These guys are great, they get to the jobs faster than the Rapid response Subaru Forresters. In heart trauma cases, this could be the difference between long term survivial for the patient, very worthwhile, although expensive to train the riders as riders and paramedics. I've met the guy riding this BM, he trains the NSW Police riders now, as well as pulling duty on the road as a Paramedic.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
yeah, wow, that's really great,, if that was a profession i could be in,, i would do it,, tommarow,, if you told me i could save people's lives and ride bikes fast legally, whoa, i'm there.

i know a bunch of young guys that would be willing to do this,, i don't think you would need to train them as riders very much, (track junkies) but the paramedic thing, you might have to explain a few things.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-11-23 12:24, Spanky-1096 wrote:
When you talk to your chief, make sure you put in a good word to Val, I'll take mine in black.

Spanky 4F19
oh no fellas, TR is bring'n on his cop buddies! :hammer: This place is going to hell, how are we supposed to post the wheelie pics with all of you guys on here??? :-D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would love to go to a road racing school on the governments money. It would be great. The paramedic is riding the 2005 BMW r1150rt. Awesome bike. The zx14 would be great for catching speeders but there is no room for report forms and all the other equipment we are required to carry. Knowing me and my partners, we would push the bike to our limits and end up dead. Oahu don't have much wide open spaces. I have always believed that if a rider gets away with what he is doing, fine. If he 'eats it', well that is on him. Keep the wheelies coming Cheap! I love wheelies. I am getting better at them myself. The other day I was running Speedy at about 120 when some members of a sport bike club caught up to and passed me. I pulled over at the scenic overlook with them and watched as a couple of them were doing 100 mile an hour wheelies past the lookout. It was good fun. I had a chance to get a good look at about 30 of them. I did not blow my cover. I'll probably catch & release em' later. Most riders are just 'good people' anyway. :upthumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keep the wheelies coming cheap! I'm working on gettin em down so I can post some some decent pics. I'm easy going on the bikers, even the harley guys. Tickets are a dime a dozen, I don't have to waste em on future riding partners. I do harass the squids about not wearing any gear though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-11-24 10:17, Triple_Rider wrote:
Keep the wheelies coming cheap! I'm working on gettin em down so I can post some some decent pics. I'm easy going on the bikers, even the harley guys. Tickets are a dime a dozen, I don't have to waste em on future riding partners. I do harass the squids about not wearing any gear though.
1050 gave me a few tips so i might have a few to post up too soon,maybe. :-D :hammer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts