Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought myself the new 2016 Speed Triple 'R' ... coming back to Triumph after a few other bikes since my Matt Graphite Street Triple 'R'. Am pretty happy to be back on a Triumph, and really looking forward to enjoying this machine ...

Accessories have been ordered ... and will post when they are fitted. But for now, I've just taken off the pillion pegs ... don't need em right now!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Got the itch to upgrade to the new version. I've currently on a 2013.
Been debating removing the passenger pegs like you have. Only argument against is they serve to protect the mufflers in case of a drop.
Mine was knocked over once and the bike was undamaged. Still, the pros of removing would be looks and the loss of a couple pounds.
I never ride anyone so they are like a appendix.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been debating removing the passenger pegs like you have. Only argument against is they serve to protect the mufflers in case of a drop.
Mine was knocked over once and the bike was undamaged. Still, the pros of removing would be looks and the loss of a couple pounds.
Yeah ... I guess they would help with protecting the mufflers, but I'll be fitting the Arrow Low-Boy when it arrives ... so not really going to add much for me. If the missus wants to jump on the back, then it's only 4 bolts to put back in, so no big deal ...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeah ... I guess they would help with protecting the mufflers, but I'll be fitting the Arrow Low-Boy when it arrives ... so not really going to add much for me. If the missus wants to jump on the back, then it's only 4 bolts to put back in, so no big deal ...
4 bolts but have you tried removing?
One bolt looks awfully close to one of the exhaust pipes. (High mount).
I started to look into removing mine and decided wasn't worth the hassle if I needed to remove exhaust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 bolts but have you tried removing?
One bolt looks awfully close to one of the exhaust pipes. (High mount).
I started to look into removing mine and decided wasn't worth the hassle if I needed to remove exhaust.
Yes ... removed them today, and yes it is a lot more involved with the high-mount exhausts (because of the support bracket). What I was getting at was with the low-mount, it will be easy to fit them / take them off. With the high-mount, I tend to agree - if you think you're going to need them, then leave them on ... not worth the hassle of re-fitting them all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts