Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a tough decision today. My nephew just graduated from the Sergeant Major Academy in Ft. Bliss, Tx and will be assigned to Ft. Drum somewhere in NY. I'm giving him my Rocket along with all the spare stuff I've accumulated in the last couple years. He's served his country in Iraq, pulling three tours. Our family is very proud of his accomplishments. So, adios fellow Rocket riders, I have regulated myself to a smaller bike, a Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Touring. The first thing I noticed about the Kawa was the absence of "total power" when turning the throttle :) At my age I need to slow down anyway :):)
T-Rex

·
Registered
690 Posts
Please tell him " Thanks" from one vet to another.
Glad you gave it to him, he deserves it and he'll love the rush.
Tell him to join RAT and post occassionally.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A very noble gesture.

Take care, and visit us now and then.

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
:) Very generous of you indeed...Fort Drum is near where my cousins live in Upstate NY...I know the area and there is a lot of wilderness in that remote area...I've even been on base before for business...Tell him to be careful of that power and give him our collective best as a hero of our great Country....

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's awesome. Tell him thanks for his service, from this veteran.
And, that Voyager looks to be a very nice ride..... :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for your service.

Enjoy the Rocket.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Two sons and four tours of Iraq, I share the pride you have for your nephew!

Well get your nephew signed up and tell him he is always welcome to post.

Man are you two going to have some great rides!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm Back!!! Re: So Long Rocket Riders - Rocket Coil Leads/Front Rotors

Thanks for all the nice replies. I'm sure my nephew will log on to the TriumphRat.net when I tell him about what you all had to say. Thanks again!!

My Rocket is still being serviced at Palm Beach Triumph at the moment. I spoke with the mechanic today and it seems there may be problems with coil leads? He's waiting for new leads to come in from Triumph. This work is being done under the warranty (2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic) for those that may want to follow-up on this latest woe. Also, the same mechanic replaced the front rotors under warranty because they were warped (under 9000 miles at the time.)

I'll check in from time to time, drive safe you all.
T-Rex
Ps. I'm hauling the R3 to New York on July 1, 2009. My nephew's son (16 yrs old) is more excited than my nephew :) I wonder why:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts