Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short a guy appeared in my lane, guess I didn't need it any way:rolleyes: I in attempt to save my bum apparently over did it and lost control. I hit the curbing on the side of the interstate and we went flying. I hoped to get her on her side so she didn't go end over end, I succeeded at that. I just did the ol tuck and roll.

The driver of the car didn't bother stopping, probably still to busy texting to realize what they just did. The car that passes as I was picking my bike and myself up didn't bother stopping either, not that I'm surprised.

Not what I had in mind by lower bars.:cussing

Landing in the grass save both our asses, but now I need some parts. She still rides good, I rode her home after putting all the parts that fell off in my pockets. The ER dock was amazed at the scraping on my arm, and a sore neck and back being the extent of the damage.

What parts cross bikes? I've seen some info on that on here before, just cant find it now.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ouch

Man, sorry to hear this! Glad you're only bruised and not broken. Lots of parts cross over among the 885 triples. You need to do a list, then cross reference the parts on bikebandit.com to see what fits. Go to ebay "triumph thunderbird parts" and start shopping. If you see a part you need, and aren't sure buzz us here, and we'll help you figure it out. By the way, where did you get those cruiser pegs on the front of your frame. tommyturbo2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The cruiser pegs came with when I bought her, I was going to take them off but I think they helped save the motor so Ill keep them on now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
wow, that really sucks! Insured?? I just started riding last May and I am so paranoid that is gonna happen to me! Glad you are still with us! I found a guy on Ebay who is parting out his Thunderbird 900 due to spragg clutch issue. Bike looks nice. If you go to this post (below) you will see one of his auctions and a pic of the bike. He says he is gonna be posting lots of parts off this bike, they run a shop so they should know what they are doing. send him a message with parts you need and he will probably be able to fix you up. Good luck. Oh, and where did you find those handle bars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350251456250&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least your sense of humour survived ok.. :)
good luck with the bike.
He he yea injuries seem to bring out my best, the Nurses love it.;)

Thanks for the intel Maxcap I sent him a message. As for the bars there stock Legend.

Well I got her out earlier today, she still runs like a champ. I'm having the dealership here in town check her out alignment and such on Monday. She still needs a bit more work before my Louisiana trip in September.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wow sorry to see that this happened. Glad you are ok and the bike is repairable. I noticed on ebay that someone is parting out a thunderbird sport. I actually bought a few parts myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts