Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this a redundant post. When I searched the forums I was getting mixed answers. I purchased a used Bonneville that I thought was a T100, but I'm thinking my VIN tells me another story. Its a black 2005 without a tach,(my first clue) the VIN is SMT900HN35J2XXXXX. I believe the T100 VINs have a different 900 number. I don't mind at all but, I wanted to check so my profile is correct! Any ideas? Thanks! I apologize again if I shouldn't have started a new thread. I only have access to the Internet via my iPhone right now. Damn job keeps me away from my new Bonnie... And my fiancé of course! Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
my understanding of T100's were chrome sprocket and engine covers, tacho, the larger motor when both sizes were available, adjustable brake and clutch levers, spoked wheels and thats about it

mine has a 905 number

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous owner powder coated the engine covers etc. But she has the spoked wheels. I am putting the tach on as soon as I get back to Vegas. I think she's the base bonneville model with the 790 engine. I was hoping she had the bigger engine but, I still love her! Thanks bud!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
All the Bonnies had spoked wheels at that time. The first T100s came with the 790 engine (my 2004 did). Also the first ones didn't have the adjustable brake and clutch levers (mine didn't). I believe all T100s had the Tach.

·
Registered
91 Posts
From what I've seen the T100 was 905, 912 or 915. 900 is straight bonnie.

Bu then a T100 is just one with bolt on bits :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Pretty sure shes just a straight Bonneville. No tachometer... Yet. I figure I can do some mods on the engine to hop her up a little. One more check for those of you with T100s, does your title say "T100" or do they all say "Bonneville" under the model? I know my old jeep Rubicon said "rubicon" and not "wrangler". Which I sold to buy my Bonnie anyway! Thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Thanks guys! Pretty sure shes just a straight Bonneville. No tachometer... Yet. I figure I can do some mods on the engine to hop her up a little. One more check for those of you with T100s, does your title say "T100" or do they all say "Bonneville" under the model? I know my old jeep Rubicon said "rubicon" and not "wrangler". Which I sold to buy my Bonnie anyway! Thanks again guys!
the side covers say "T100" Bonneville on mine,

but I like the best of both worlds so kept my Jeep Wrangler and it says "Renegade" which for Australia is a cross between a "Rubicon" and a "Sport" :D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
No tach, no T100. Also T100's all come with 2 tone paint except the brand new T100 black which still says T100 onthe side covers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
To be sure, if you want, contact Triumph USA and give them the vin.
They should be able to confirm what you purchased. 678-854-2010. tomp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts