Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I went. It was a cool little show.
Lots of Triumphs. Had an interesting Guzzi and bmw too.
Did you guys notice the CB750 that had been cafed out. Didn't notice it the first time through it was so low key.
I got a question though. At the South end of the show there was a bike parked just outside the gate on the left.
Really quite interesting. Made up to be a street fighter. Dirt bike frame, 2 sided swing arm, monoshock, ROTAX engine, dirt bars, alloy wheels, upside down forks with single full floating brakes.
The thing looked factory fresh. ***?. No markings of any kind.
If it was a home built, the guy did a hell of a job.
Any ideas?
I was really glad that the HD were absent for the most part.
There was a few of them circling the show. One was smoking a cigar one had one a bandanna with a skull on. It was quite obvious that they were attention wh-oring.
Best part for me was when I parked my bike. Parking was pretty much filled up so I circled the block. I noticed that there was a group of 4 HDs that had pulled the old (and very tired) trick of parking with 2 bikes one one side of a small space and 2 onethe other. The space was just big enough to get a bike in.
I circle the block decel hard and back right in the spot. 2 of the boys were right there and basically tried to call me on my "violation".
conversation went something like
"Hey, that ain't a Harley."
"Ah, no it a Triumph."
"that spot was for my BRO"
Your BRo is late____maybe he broke"
"Harleys don't break"
"Look guys, it's an old trick and I'm an old dog. You through out the challenge and I took you up on it. You've had your fun and I've had mine. Let's call it day, shall we?"
At this point the 2 mexican valets who were right there watching all of this were smiling. I turn to them and gave them a quick wink and they just bust out laughing. Even they knew that they were just a group of Sunday posers.
Granted I wouldn't have as flipent as I was if they were sporting patches.
Whole thing made my day :razz:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude, there a couple of 750 Four's, i got a Buddie restoring his & should be done this week, Cool Pic's can i down load them so's i can show to my buddies. There where to Sick, Lame or Lazy to come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to stop in but family obligations kept me away.

For you So Cal guys, here's a link for some stuff going on at Willow Springs if you're into vintage or classic racing. There's also vendor booths and bike shows. I'll make this one for sure.

http://www.garagecompany.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went. It was great. The guys with the CB750's that were there have a great website. Really funny descriptions if you read through some of it. I believe Boosefighter was the one that posted this website to begin with.Cb 750 Cafe Racers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts