Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some of the clear lenses on ebay that are made by Clear Alternatives that also makes the combo tail/turn lens for the ST which I have.

I don't really like the large amber lenses in the mirrors so maybe these clear ones would be a bit better? However, I was really wanting something that would blend in more, so is there a way to apply a "smoked" tint to the clear or stock amber ones so they appear black until they signal?

I think I recall Clear Alternatives offering colored rear signals for some of their other models (ie lime green to blend with a Kawi or blue to blend with a Yamaha or Suzuki and black to blend with whatever).

·
Registered
929 Posts
here's the clear lenses on the red bike mirror turn signals.

looks great.... that would even better on a silver bike!!
blend in much better.

hey Broncitis do you have picture of the ass end of your bike with the brake signal combo?... the site only shows the light itself.

bwt

·
Registered
896 Posts
colour matched lenses may cause local issues with the lawmen and cause you more problems in the long term.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Trust me ; you will love the clear alternatives. Looks even better in person and really cleans up the looks of the bike. Now if those color matched mirrors were not so pricey.

·
Registered
929 Posts
"colour matched lenses may cause local issues with the lawmen and cause you more problems in the long term"

there's so much import tuner bling they wouldn't look twice in Vancouver.

can't say I'll run out and do that soon.

my shopping list goes like this:

sliders
hugger
rubber
bling

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clear would look better if I had silver color matched mirrors,but mine are black therefore I wanted the dark tinted to color match to them. I suppose I could get the clear ones and paint the mirrors to match the bike? I sure won't pay the $400 or so they wanted for color matched mirrors from the accesory catalog when my stock black ones are fine.

I would not expect a problem with the law where I am as long as the amber showed through when in use.

I've gotten my ST pretty much tricked out with all the goodies I wanted so I'm looking at some of these cosmetic things now.

The only real mods I have left are to install the TOR exhuast I bought a few months back and have it remapped, maybe change the front sprocket, work on getting a better intercom/phone headset system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-01-24 17:32, bakwheeltango wrote:

hey Broncitis do you have picture of the ass end of your bike with the brake signal combo?... the site only shows the light itself.

bwt
Yes, I'll have to post them from home tonight. I like the integral signals and with the fender eliminator I made it looks much cleaner back there. However, the Clear Alternatives light is not as bright even though it has more diodes. The differnece in intensity between tail light and brake is not nearly as great. So much that I have thought of adding one of the LED strobe bars or licence plate frames as an added brake light.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed Clear Alternatives today to see if they could make them in smoke or other colors like they do other models...we'll see?

[ This message was edited by: Broncitis on 2007-01-26 04:35 ]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a link to a photo album where I uploaded a few of my ST images with the Clear Alternatives tail light pics...

Broncitis' photo gallery

BTW, anyone know how I can insert a custom avatar? I was going to use the pic I have in the gallery of of me riding my ST on the Dragon, but I did not see a way to insert my own image in the profile section? :???:

[ This message was edited by: Broncitis on 2007-01-26 04:36 ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Broncitis, I have not a clue on the avatar thingy, but I think that Triumph Name Plate under your tag is pretty cool. Where and how do I get one?????

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the bike from a dealer where a friends son is the tech (rides a Daytona and a Sprint). Another of his sons also rides Triumphs (Tiger and Daytona) and works for an industrial fab shop that has a CNC laser. He cut some in stainless for their bikes and a few friends so they gave me one when I picked up the bike.

I can see if they can make a batch of them. It is cut out and then etched around the letters.

[ This message was edited by: Broncitis on 2007-01-28 00:31 ]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KH,

Looks sweet. I may have to paint my mirrors silver and go with the clear. I called Clear Alternatives today and asked about having some made in the dark tint. They said maybe later this summer but right now they were focusing on new product developments for the R1 and other new models.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the compliments you'll have me blushing :) the screen doesn't show well in this photo as that is a Power Bronze titanium just to complete the silver front look.

·
Registered
58 Posts
KH, can't say enough how great your bike looks thanks a mil for the pics

Broncitis if you could get that triumph tag I would pay, PM me if there is a good possibility.

Man if I get my Sprint 1/2 as good looking as ya'lls By Rolling Thunder time I 'm going to have some envious H-D guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Broncitis, Rolling Thunder is an event that gathers thousands of motorcycles on the street of Washington,DC the weekend of May 25,26,27. Its to honor past vets (MIA/POW's) and active military. We usually meet in Frederick, Md. The State Police for all intensive purposes, closed I-270 south bound to the VA line, and from there we take the GW parkway into the District. Last year the news reported the line of bikes out of Frederick stretched for 3-4 miles(??) I do know it takes almost an hour to get all the bikes out of town and down the road. It was/is truly a spectacle within itself. Once down there, they have a bike parade, and of course vendors alley with their goodies for sale. Its a good time, and lots of camaraderie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts