Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall a while back that someone else posted a similar topic? I installed a set of TORS a while back and had the Triumph map uploaded. The pipes didn't slip right on. I had to enlongate the hole in the mounting tab on the right. Once I had that done, everything seems pretty tight and even, but when I get home, I smell like I have been swimming in gas. My friend says that when he follows me that it smells really rich. I know the TORS map is rich, but man...Anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers,
Huff

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CB

If only we were as rich as we smelled, then we'd be somewhere....

I'd have a nice set of Ol' Squids. Wonder if they are less smelly :-D

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-11-27 12:02, huff955 wrote:
I seem to recall a while back that someone else posted a similar topic? I installed a set of TORS a while back and had the Triumph map uploaded. The pipes didn't slip right on. I had to enlongate the hole in the mounting tab on the right. Once I had that done, everything seems pretty tight and even, but when I get home, I smell like I have been swimming in gas. My friend says that when he follows me that it smells really rich. I know the TORS map is rich, but man...Anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers,
Huff
So you have a smelly rear end,the doctor should have something for that. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
973 Posts
On 2006-11-27 13:13, BUCKET wrote:
On 2006-11-27 12:02, huff955 wrote:

Cheers,

Take a shower and wash that a$$.
Huff
So you have a smelly rear end,the doctor should have something for that. :-D :hammer:
:-D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.. Ok, you got me. Should I say something like... "I got this ITCHIN that just wont quit"...
:-D :hammer:

·
Registered
692 Posts
A K&N or BMC intake filter may help lean things out.

My bike seems to start easier since the K&N, It use to be really rich smelling on starts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On 2006-11-27 17:32, Hairball wrote:
A K&N or BMC intake filter may help lean things out.

My bike seems to start easier since the K&N, It use to be really rich smelling on starts.
+1 :-D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't forget that when you switch to TOR's from stock that you drop some weight specifically the catalyzers that really clean up the exhaust on its way out. I was unsure of how effective the CATs were until I made the switch myself. Oh well, I think it is a good smell :cool:

·
Registered
973 Posts
On 2006-11-27 16:09, huff955 wrote:
.. Ok, you got me. Should I say something like... "I got this ITCHIN that just wont quit"...
:-D :hammer:
Well alrighty then huff, that was a good one. :-D I had a laugh. :-D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to take it Itchin.. It was too good to pass up

Do you guys know where to get a BCM. I ordered one from ebay and then they wound up being out of stock and now I cant find that guy?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Are you yalkin about the bmc air filter? If ya are let me know what ya come up with. With all the fitment issues of the K&N i think i will go that route.

No problem on the burn, it was a good one. :-D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Itchy,

Thats why I was looking to go the BCM route, but the only one I've found so far was $85, that was directly from BCM. If I recall, the guy on ebay had them for like $60. Ill keep lookin

:-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts